TOPIC: What can't Ido with S-Gear open

What can't Ido with S-Gear open 1 week 5 days ago #22722

This is my first at using this forum and I am very green at using s-gear. I I have it set up in Windows 10 and it would appear that I cannot leave it open if I want to for instance play music from my cd player. Is this correct and do I need to close it off if I want to access Windows 10 for some things. I would appreciate help on this subject
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What can't Ido with S-Gear open 1 week 5 days ago #22723

I have just discovered that if I restart Windows and play a cd through Media Player first that I can play along with it in s-gear
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What can't Ido with S-Gear open 1 week 5 days ago #22724

You might consider using a DAW to host Sgear.
Windows doesn't do well with multi-plexing audio.

I assume you were using stand alone mode. Also I hope you're using and ASIO sound card, internal sound cards are very limiting.
Good luck,
Dirk
  • Dirk Diggler
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What can't Ido with S-Gear open 1 week 2 days ago #22738

Thank you Dirk. I originally used Focusrite, but could not get it to accept the driver somehow with Windows 10, but Behuringer UM2 accepted it straight away, and my sound card accepts this for music and sound.
I am most pleased with S-Gear, and have also included Albertos with a view to getting that Gibson Tenor Violin sound. I recently came accross a You Tube showing how to use Volum and tone knobs to get thet sound.
Thanks once again
James
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What can't Ido with S-Gear open 6 days 55 minutes ago #22740

Ever try band amp web site and you can jam along with there tunes and use Sgear standalone to jam with.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What can't Ido with S-Gear open 5 days 4 hours ago #22742

Hello Vintag54...can you please confirm that you were recommending bandamp.com, not bandcamp.com?

I had never heard of bandamp, before you posted this reply yesterday. I went to that website last night, and I was really surprised by all of the original material there. In fact, all they allow is original material (according to the rules for the site.) Unfortunately, it looks like this site has seen better days, and has been in serious decline, for some time now. I feel like I missed out on something really great, when it was in its heyday.

Are you a contributor to this site? If so, under what name?

Thank you,
t_b_o_t
  • the_bear_over_there
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What can't Ido with S-Gear open 4 days 22 hours ago #22743

jimdene,

I ti is very important to ensure that the diver you are using is what is referred to as a "multi-client" driver.

It may also be helpful to let us know what interface you are using.
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 4 days 22 hours ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What can't Ido with S-Gear open 1 day 18 hours ago #22759

Than you everybody for replying. I had no end of a problem trying to get Focusrite accepted in windows 10, but Behringer UM2 was accepted driver and all with no problems. I am still going through all of the presets to see which I prefer. I have wittled it down to Alberto Barreros Producer Packs. The videos of all of them are most helpfull, but I don't expect to get anywhere near the sounds that he gets with my Gibson Les Paul Copy Guitar
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What can't Ido with S-Gear open 12 hours 38 minutes ago #22761

jimdene,
This is why I prefer what I refer to as "sound development" over "preset acquisition".

And I do believe that thee are number of reasons for this preference, one being "instrument specificness".

If anything, as-much-as-it-is-possible, work with S-Gear in a similar manner as you would with a real amp setup.

Ensure that your "gain levels" pre-S-Gear are configured properly as well.
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What can't Ido with S-Gear open 8 hours 14 minutes ago #22763

mr-es335 wrote:

Ensure that your "gain levels" pre-S-Gear are configured properly as well.

Yes!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds