TOPIC: Issue Using S-Gear with Dante Virtual Sound Card (VSC)

Issue Using S-Gear with Dante Virtual Sound Card (VSC) 1 week 6 days ago #22541

An audio engineer i work with is converting the audio patching to ethernet and using Dante VSC from Audinate .

I don't see a way in the S-Gear Mac standalone app to select my Focusrite interface as the audio INPUT and the Virtual Sound Card as the OUTPUT. The audio preferences forces the sound device to use the same hardware for both I/O.

I believe I could use a DAW like Reaper to handle this I/O scenario but S-Gear does not sound as good to my ears when I run the AU plug-in vs. the standalone app.

Ideas? Thanks
Humbuckr
Last edit: 1 week 6 days ago by humbuckr.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Issue Using S-Gear with Dante Virtual Sound Card (VSC) 1 week 6 days ago #22543

The solution would be to create an aggregate device and select the desired input and output devices. See the following Apple support note: support.apple.com/en-us/HT202000

S-Gear standalone always expects the input and output to belong to the same device.
The following user(s) said Thank You: humbuckr
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Issue Using S-Gear with Dante Virtual Sound Card (VSC) 1 week 5 days ago #22546

If anyone has successfully done this would love to learn. I've tried different scenarios for using my focusrite as input the either the Mac speakers or the Mac headphones and no sound comes through.

Not clear how to specify inputs and outputs on the audio MIDI setup panel
Humbuckr
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Issue Using S-Gear with Dante Virtual Sound Card (VSC) 1 week 5 days ago #22547

This is how I've set up an aggregate device. I first selected my Focusrite (so it's ordered first) then the Blackhole virtual audio ports.

You can see in this screenshot that the first 2 output channels of the Blackhole will be the aggregate device's output channels 5 and 6 (the first 2 yellow ports listed under 'Output Channels'.

Then in S-Gear, you choose the Aggregate Device and then set routing like this:
- Input 1 is the first input channel on my Focusrite
- Outputs 5 and 6 are the first 2 output channels on the Blackhole virtual audio device.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds