TOPIC: Ik multimedia z-tone

Ik multimedia z-tone 4 months 3 days ago #22140

Hi, anyone tested z-tone or AXE I/O with s-gear, both seems a good solution to bring your guitar tone to higher levels.

SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Ik multimedia z-tone 4 months 3 days ago #22141

It is an interesting product. I use a Pettyjohn Lift Mk2 right now and some features of the Z tone seem inspired by the Pettyjohn.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wurli
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
Last edit: 4 months 3 days ago by fatherjacques.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Ik multimedia z-tone 4 months 3 days ago #22142

Hi,

I'm using the AXE I/O since 1 year and I'm happy about the overall quality; in any case absolutely better than any previous Focusrite I used.

I don't use the Z-tone frequently but is a good option to switch to a different tone quickly. IMHO, is very good audio interface, and the price is decent

Here some examples: S-Gear + AXE I/O + Studio One 5
soundcloud.com/fulvio-bergamino
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques, Wurli
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Ik multimedia z-tone 4 months 3 days ago #22144

Sounds great Fluvio70, Focusrite are considered nice audio interface for guitar, so if this one is better it worths a try, i guess Axe i/o includes z-tone, it is right?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Ik multimedia z-tone 4 months 3 days ago #22145

I own the AXE I/O but recently they have introduced a compact version of AXE I/O Solo (little bit cheaper). Both have the Z-Tone on board plus AMP Out, active/passive pick-up selector etc
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Ik multimedia z-tone 4 months 2 days ago #22146

I have the Z-Tone DI, and am pretty impressed so far. A cool trick if you buy direct from IK is that you can use your 'Jam Points' (which even accrue on many of their freebies) on hardware too, so I think my final cost shipped to Aus was around 100 EUR
  • glengood87
  • Tone Star
Last edit: 4 months 2 days ago by glengood87.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Ik multimedia z-tone 4 months 1 day ago #22148

I am curious if the Axe I/O would allow you to run the guitar direct to Input 1, and then use the Amp Out to route through pedals and then back to Input 2? That way you could record/use both the raw and pedalboard output.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Ik multimedia z-tone 4 months 1 day ago #22149

Inpunt 2 has a different impedance and, in any case, you can't use the Z-tone with this channel
Added all AXE I/O specs below
Attachments:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Ik multimedia z-tone 4 months 1 day ago #22150

Thanks for those details. I found this statement on ther site so it seems like it would be possible.
Route instrument input 1 directly to the Amp output to record both DI and amplified signals simultaneously, with zero latency.

This was obviously meaning the amplified signal would be recorded by a microphone, but it shouldn't matter if it was routed through pedals and straight to input 2.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Ik multimedia z-tone 3 months 4 weeks ago #22159

Hi, Here some AXE I/O settings
  • Line IN 1, Z-Tone knob: 50%
    BOLD JFET: OFF
    PURE: ON
    Pickup PASSIVE: ON (I have a couple of EMG pickups)
    Pickup ACTIVE: OFF

Here, how the Z-Tone sounds with S-Gear **
soundcloud.com/fulvio-bergamino/mixolydi...-io-studio-one-5-pro

** Luke lead preset 09, just reduced a bit both chorus delay and Delay time

I sold my old Focusrite therefore I'm not able to do a comparison therefore, You have to trust :-)
The AXE I/O is sounds much better
Attachments:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Ik multimedia z-tone 3 months 4 weeks ago #22162

Wow Fluvio (or Fulvio, whichever is correct,) I LOVE your Funny Moments recording!! This is one of the cleanest and brightest recordings I have heard on the Scuffham forum. Your playing is really good too. Thank you for posting this one!!

t_b_o_t
  • the_bear_over_there
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Ik multimedia z-tone 3 months 4 weeks ago #22163

Just listened to your rendition of the "Untouchables Theme" as well, on Soundcloud, and it is really beautiful. There were a few places in the song that I believe I heard a Holdsworth sort of vibe. Very well done!
  • the_bear_over_there
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Ik multimedia z-tone 3 months 4 weeks ago #22164

I still have to learn further things regarding Mixing & mastering... It does not seem so special what I've done so far but thanks again... Motivation is the key to get better results :-)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds