• Page:

TOPIC: true pedal in ftont of s-gear

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 4 months 3 days ago #22134

hi
did you tried to put real effect pedal such overdrive or other in front of s-gear?
do you have some soundclip example?

thanx a lot
  • zakk33710
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 4 months 3 days ago #22135

I don't have clips to show, but it worked really well for me, way better than using VST overdrives.
  • asintoras
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 4 months 3 days ago #22137

I only use hardware pedals in front of S Gear. Works very well.
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 4 months 3 days ago #22138

I almost always have a Fulltone '69 mkII in front with guitar turned down, and dial in tone and breakup as needed.
www.johnplainsong.com
Newest album "Strange Tales" now available! S-Gear used throughout the production.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 4 months 3 days ago #22139

Yes - real pedals work great! I have a bunch of them now ;)
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 4 months 3 days ago by jbraner.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 3 months 1 week ago #22225

For fender crisp and articulate tones I use a cheap joyo jf-14 american sound pedal.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 3 months 1 week ago #22226

Real pedals work - in principle. As long as you don't overload your audio interface level-wise, you'll be fine. But the typical approach of driving e.g. a Marshall type amp with a TubeScreamer (gain full, overdrive fully left, tone to taste) will not work - you'll either drive your audio interface to clipping (awful) or you'll have to lower the audio input gain so it doesn't - but then you're not getting the added gain from the pedal.

That's where you're better off using a software pedal plugin - until Mike gets around to giving us the "Overdrive Thing" inside S-Gear ;-)

Cheers,

Torsten
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 3 months 2 days ago #22234

yeah plugging in a guitar pedal inbetween s-gear and your guitar works, compressor, overdrive, wha wha pedals work great, i wouldnt use anything with delays or reverbs though. keep those for after your guitar amp sound
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 3 months 1 day ago #22243

phil wrote:

i wouldn't use anything with delays or reverbs though. keep those for after your guitar amp sound

I like the sound of delays running through the front end of an amp. It's a useful tool. Perhaps less typical, but a great color for the palette.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 3 months 1 day ago #22244

An EH Deluxe memory man into S-gear's clean or slightly boosted amps sounds amazing. Nothing like it.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 2 months 4 days ago #22345

A Catalinbread Belle Epoch into a 2020 BK Butler Tube Driver w/ bias mod into Stealer amp with "Fresh Air" reverb preset = incredible!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 2 months 4 days ago #22346

S-Gear works incredibly well with pedals IMO. I recorded this track with a Hermida Audio Nu-Valve overdrive in front of S-Gear (Custom "57)
soundcloud.com/david-wayne-hardy/finding-her
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike, ryentzer, rep_techy
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 2 months 2 days ago #22353

David that's some great tone and playing. I just redid my recording pedalboard to use with Sgear Custom 57. Attached is a pic. I did a test scratch recording with it.
Attachments:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 2 months 2 days ago #22354

rep_techy,

Damn, that is really tasteful playing! Truly inspiring. Your tones are amazing. What was the guitar used and signal path for this sound clip? Do you have a SoundCloud page?

You mentioned "A Catalinbread Belle Epoch into a 2020 BK Butler Tube Driver w/ bias mod into Stealer amp with "Fresh Air" reverb preset" in an earlier post.......Please upload a sound clip of that as well with the settings? I have those same pedals.

My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Cheers, David
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 2 months 2 days ago #22355

Thanks man. I used a Gibson SG special with the stock 490 bridge pickup. I just did a setup on it using Dan Erlewine's book "How to make your electric guitar play great". Set it to Johnson specs for truss rod and action, then used Phil Jones(Gibson custom shop builder) specs for pole piece and pickup height. Found it made a huge difference in tone. Signal path was SG to AB switch with two paths(one clean and one dirty) each into it's own input on the focusrite scarlett 2i2 then into Logic Pro X. The idea was to have two guitar tracks armed while recording so I could ab switch between the two tones like Johnson does live all in one take. It captures the trails nicely. My clean path was Deluxe memory man XO>Line6 M9 with 3 effects(Echo Platter into Analog Chorus into Volume)>Xotic EP booster>input 1. My dirty path was EJ signature fuzz face(his autographed mojo included)> Xotic BB preamp>Mxr flanger>Catalinbread Belle Epoch>input 2. Carbon zinc batteries in the fuzz face and the BB preamp. Used Ownhammer 412 MAR-CB PR-H55 121-EDGE IR in Sgear. Clean path used wayfarer and dirty used custom 57. Attached are the two presets.
Attachments:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 2 months 2 days ago #22356

Here is the Belle Epoch into BK Butler tube driver sound clip.
Attachments:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 2 months 2 days ago #22359

Killer tone.....you are a skilled guitarist...wish I could hear more!

Thanks for posting this clip.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 2 months 2 days ago #22360

David,
Here is my soundcloud page. Thank you for the kind words.
soundcloud.com/user-317297503

Thanks,
Jeremy
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 2 months 2 days ago #22361

Here is a pic of the Tube Driver and Belle Epoch settings and S-gear preset. This is straight into one track with Stealer, Jerry's Magic Delay preset(forgot about this), and "Fresh air" reverb preset. I used a 2011 Fender Hwy one strat with Callaham steel trem block. This guitar is set up to Johnson action and pickup height specs also. Used the bridge pickup for lead tone and rolled the tone pot back to 6.5. The Belle does the ducking thing pretty well if set right. Hope you enjoy the preset, it's a dark one. It uses same Ownhammer IR.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 months 2 days ago by rep_techy.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

true pedal in ftont of s-gear 2 months 2 days ago #22363

Hey Jeremy

Thank you for the photo. I assume that Tube Driver is one of the hand built ones of B.K.

Could you please tell the setting for the Bias on the Tube Driver?

Much appreciated!

Cheers

David
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds