TOPIC: Audio interface for live playing

Audio interface for live playing 3 days 22 hours ago #22078

Hi, I´m using a Mac book pro computer with Mainstage for live playing, I own an Audient ID4 interface, love the format, is portable, usb powered, and have output connection to PA, on the other side hate the dark tone i get from my guitar and bass, so i´m actually using an old apogee jam USB that i love but no output connection to PA.
Lately i also added a SD buffer in front of audio interface that i love.

I need some advice about a portable interface to carry on live setting, would like 2 instrument inputs for guitar and bass, usb or thunderbold, and output to PA.

Thanks
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audio interface for live playing 3 days 21 hours ago #22079

Hiya
Just a thought this might be helpful...
The Boss GP-10 makes an excellent interface with the added bonus of being able to add a selection of Boss effects before S-Gear in one of the USB configurations if needed, plus footswitch control. It also has guitar modelling if you happen to have a Roland ready guitar with the 13 pin cable. You don't need this however, you can plug straight in on a 1/4 jack. The only lack is 2 inputs. An A/B box perhaps?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wurli
Last edit: 3 days 21 hours ago by Jezza.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audio interface for live playing 3 days 30 minutes ago #22082

Two audio interfaces I can whole-heartedly recommend: RME Babyface, Zoom UAC-2

Both have great low-latency performance, also a good high-impedance instrument input for your guitars, and good audio quality.

The RME is one of the "gold standard" interfaces for live VST use, but on the expensive side. The Zoom UAC-2 is comparably affordable, and definitely a good price/performance compromise.

Cheers,

Torsten
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wurli
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audio interface for live playing 2 days 16 hours ago #22085

Hi Torsten, Zoom UAC-2 looks great, i wish it has same preamp quality as Apogee I love. I have seen there is another model Zoom TAC-2R for a little more. Thanks.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audio interface for live playing 1 day 22 hours ago #22090

And IK Multimedia Axe I/0 ? looks great and it seems it is created for guitar/bass playing
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audio interface for live playing 1 day 9 hours ago #22095

In all honesty, I have not used it for live playing (yet), but after trying a lot of different solutions I have settled for the Xtone Pro and it sounds really good. I route to a Bose S1 Pro but you can go directly to PA if you want to. Or use another speaker solution.

Hope it helps!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds