TOPIC: With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New'

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 8 months 1 day ago #20873

Thank you for the update. The ability to scale the image great and overall readability.
On my ThinkPad T520 Windows10 and Audient ID14 no problems.
I admit that the ad works, now I am thinking about the RME interface.
I still have an Amplifire multieffect that I rarely use and I could sell it to upgrade to Babyface.
Competition in the world of ampsim grows every year and certainly tempts with great marketing But for me (I think not only) S-Gear has no competition despite so many years since its release.
Sounds the best, it's truly natural sound with it and it's not only worth $ 29 to support development.
Thanks Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 8 months 1 day ago #20874

slawoo wrote:

Thank you for the update. The ability to scale the image great and overall readability.
On my ThinkPad T520 Windows10 and Audient ID14 no problems.
I admit that the ad works, now I am thinking about the RME interface.
I still have an Amplifire multieffect that I rarely use and I could sell it to upgrade to Babyface.
Competition in the world of ampsim grows every year and certainly tempts with great marketing But for me (I think not only) S-Gear has no competition despite so many years since its release.
Sounds the best, it's truly natural sound with it and it's not only worth $ 29 to support development.
Thanks Mike

Thanks!

Aside from the HiDPI and Preset Management, v2.9 also allows an extra machine activation which I know will be a great benefit for many users.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 8 months 1 day ago #20875

pixelyzed wrote:

People should keep in mind that there was a comprehensive code update to prepare for and make future features updates and additions easier. That requires a lot of time and it's normal that that time gets compensated.

Also, my actual job is a web developer and UX guy in a small web agency I co-founded. In my work field, we pay monthly or yearly for software like the Adobe Creative Suite or WordPress premium plugins no matter what because they are the best at what they do (debatable for Adobe stuff but they mostly are for the rest ;). S-Gear is such great value for the price in comparison. I want Mike to stay in business and keep improving S-Gear however incrementally. The 2.9 version may not have any big new shiny features, but the improvements are still significant to me.

Thanks Mike!

Thanks. Much appreciated!
The following user(s) said Thank You: pixelyzed
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 8 months 1 day ago #20876

qryss wrote:

S-Gear has enormous value to many of us; if you want to see it in terms of price then divide the amount you'll spend by the number of hours of musical pleasure you'll get from it. It doesn't come to much, does it?

Thank you qryss!
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 8 months 1 day ago #20877

Thanks for all the comments on here, I've read the entire thread but may not have thanked everyone individually. I do appreciate all the viewpoints.

S-Gear will keep moving forward as long as I remain in a position to keep developing. The pace of development might not always meet expectations and what I choose to focus on might not be everyone's first priority. Development decisions are often complicated. I will do my best! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ToH2002, elambo, theminion, Rabell19
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 8 months 1 day ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 8 months 1 day ago #20879

Congrats on the update Mike!

I’m curious about the “Redwirez ‘Remastered’ Cabinet options”

Most of my favorite presets used the Redwirez cabs... Is there a noticeable improvement in sound quality / fidelity in the ‘Remastered’ cabs?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 8 months 1 day ago #20881

MPH wrote:

Most of my favorite presets used the Redwirez cabs... Is there a noticeable improvement in sound quality / fidelity in the ‘Remastered’ cabs?

There is a very noticeable difference in some cases. In general the RM options have a better quality to the sound. That said, the original versions are great too and it is a matter of finding what works best for a particular preset.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MPH
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 8 months 1 day ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 8 months 1 day ago #20883

Hey all...just paid my $29. for the upgrade. Truthfully of late I have been playing the amps in my room. Figured with this update I would get a neater view and contribute to Mike's cause - efforts. I have sent a few messages over to him over the last couple years regarding hardware and I always get an answer or suggestion. That goes a long way in my book.

Going to install the update and take it for a quick drive. Look forward to 3.0 down the road. Everyone has a different view on money. I just spent more than the update price on lottery tickets trying to become a retired stay at home guitar player. To each their own. Cheers....

Dave
"There's nothing wrong with you that a good shuffle boogie won't cure"
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 8 months 20 hours ago #20885

The ease managing 3rd party IR's is worth at least $29 for me. YMMV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DC42
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 8 months 16 hours ago #20887

pixelyzed nails it for me.

I too have invested in other amp sims and software. I think one of the BiasFX updates was $59 and I didn't notice any difference. It doesn't matter how hard I try, I just can't get the sound I'm after near as easily as I can with S-Gear.

For only $29 I got a UI that I can zoom and a preset manager that is much improved. Plus, under the hood, there was a large update to the codebase so that S-Gear can move forward with software development. Think of how quickly computers are outdated. The same thing happens with codebases.

Pixelyzed, I too am a web developer and graphic designer. I have monthly software fees that I have to pay for with Adobe, Setapp, plugins, etc. that are well over $100/mo. A one-time cost of $29 for an update that is more than just a "utility update"? Yes, please. I purchased within minutes of getting the email.

If you don't want to pay $29, then wait until 3.0 or go buy something else. It's your choice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike, DC42, pixelyzed
  • ryentzer
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 8 months 16 hours ago by ryentzer.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 8 months 8 hours ago #20892

It IS free for existing users that purchased the program in the last 24 months.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 8 months 6 hours ago #20896

mike wrote:

MPH wrote:

There is a very noticeable difference in some cases. In general the RM options have a better quality to the sound. That said, the original versions are great too and it is a matter of finding what works best for a particular preset.

Wow! Love the new interface.

S-Gear looks beautiful / sounds beautiful! It's like I got a brand new toy B)

I almost always use the Redwirez 4X12" Vintage Basketweave cab and the new 'Remastered' (RM) version sounds noticeably improved to me! I'll be updating ASAP

***One thing I noticed when using the new ‘remastered’ Redwirez 4X12" Vintage Basketweave cab was a large CPU increase in REAPER compared to the rest of the cab options?
Last edit: 8 months 3 hours ago by MPH.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Dissapointed with 2.9 7 months 4 weeks ago #20899

Stephenson wrote:

I do use the same method in S1 and it works ok for most things. Would love to not have to use that workaround on every guitar track though. I took a look at the possibility of the VST3 passing the presets but S1 does noty support that. Their presets are separate saved versions of your presets which I have some what working. Thanks for all the ideas though I hope we do get a full implementation as my biggest issue is still that things like the delay /reverb/Mod effects do not maintain the same parameter #

What about something like the ddmf metaplugin? You could maybe set that up to expose the fx parameters?
Maybe load S-Gear with all the "things" loaded - so you can expose their par a meters?
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 7 months 4 weeks ago #20923

The 2.9 release looks great, sounds great has an optimized functionality and now offers the possibility to control 128 presets with your midi-foot controller. Great!
Roland/Germany
  • RolandGuitar
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Dissapointed with 2.9 7 months 3 weeks ago #20925

Thanks I'll take a look at ddmf.
  • Stephenson
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 7 months 3 weeks ago #20929

So I just upgraded, don't mind chipping in towards the v3 development, all the best with that Mike.

Anyhow, my initial impressions are looks good, present manager defo an improvement. I've also just been flicking through the presets there, it's how I work it, find a present then tweak away. There's definitely a significant improvement to the sound of the presents, sounds awesome to me. Good job!

Looking forward to v3!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 7 months 3 weeks ago #20930

Since using V2.9, my eyesight has improved. (Although it could be a combination of the update plus the year now being 2020). No longer need Lasik.
www.johnplainsong.com
Newest album "Strange Tales" now available! S-Gear used throughout the production.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 7 months 3 weeks ago #20932

What do you think about the new remastered version of the V30 cabinets (Bletchley and PPC)? I downloaded the free version of the 1960 with G12M25 and found it darker and more detailed, with a better bass, than the "old" version (from the 1960s, I'm not comparing it with a basketweave) but I would like to know mainly how the V30 has been behaved, since he found it too much open in the "normal" version.
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 7 months 3 weeks ago #20934

Congrats to Mike for shipping this update and thanks for the remastered IRs and additional machine licenses.

For those using Macs, you will need S-Gear 2.9 to run on OS X Catalina or later since 64-bit apps are required. No more 32-bit apps for the new Mac operating systems.

I just found out that the accounting software I've been relying on for the last 10 years from a big vendor will never be Catalina-compliant because they weren't able (or didn't want) to figure out how to upgrade it to 64-bit. They are now offering a $40/month subscription only service, which is the model many software vendors are switching to. Same goes for 1password for Mac which is now subscription only and costs $3/month.

So for those complaining about the shockingly high $29 upgrade price, please stop whining. The glass is half full, count your blessings!
Last edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by erik.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

With 2.9 Released please tell me what's 'New' 7 months 3 weeks ago #20936

post deleted
Last edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by phazerz.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds