TOPIC: What other softwares do you use with S Gear?

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 2 months 3 weeks ago #20239

After a lot of trials here is what I use in a Studio environment:

Helix Native for overdrives, distortion and some other effects when needed.
S Gear for all my amps (Including the IR convolver using third party IRS)
Sound Toys Echoboy or S Gear for all my delays
Fractal Audio Reverb Software or S Gear for my Reverbs.

I do not see what more I could ask and do not need more effects within S Gear..
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by fatherjacques.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 2 months 3 weeks ago #20240

What is your CPU load like with all those instances loaded up?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 2 months 3 weeks ago #20241

Do not have any problem.

I am on an IMAC. Late 2012 I think.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mingury
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by fatherjacques.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 2 months 3 weeks ago #20242

Your mac spec is more less same with mine(s). Thank you for the information :)

I did not feel the need of using others with S Gear apart from compressor and dynamic effects in front of it.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 2 months 3 weeks ago #20243

I also run Amplitube 4 Max and TH3 Overloud (independently). S-gear simply beats them all though - only thing makes me wear a big grin.
Others are decent for bread and butter sound. I like TH3 for its low CPU loads.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 2 months 3 weeks ago #20245

Similar to you, I use Soundtoys' Echoboy Jr., Little Plate and Tremolator, and Mercuriall Spark in some rare occasions.
  • asintoras
  • Tone Master
My instrumental EP: doctor7.bandcamp.com/album/political-rollercoaster
My other EP with songs: doctor7.bandcamp.com/album/three-ways-of-telling-a-story
I am an artist endorsed by Kinman pickups.
Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by asintoras.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 2 months 3 weeks ago #20246

asintoras wrote:

Similar to you, I use Sountoys' Echoby Jr., Little Plate and Tremolator, and Mercuriall Spark in some rare occasions.

I just started using Mercuriall Spark, and am enjoying it. If Helix Native was cheaper I'd love to use it for pedals. I remember really liking their Timmy when I used the trial. But Cytomic The Scream does the job nicely (and a few from Audiority).

I also bought Mikko cab simulator and love the quality and ease of use, and also have been really enjoying not having to deal with IR files any longer. And then running it all in Gig Performer - really good tool in many ways when using plugins.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 2 months 3 weeks ago #20247

Yep. Gig Performer all the way - for me it totally beats Mainstage and being a Mac user I can’t be a Cantabile user. Gig Performer is cross-platform, by the way. The really awesome thing about GP for me is that you can script it - it’s so powerful.

So inside GP I have a chain of effects - Audiority, SKnote, Mercuriall, Kazrog, TH3, Kuassa, EchoBoy - feeding S-Gear and Spin (rotary from Blue3) in parallel. I’ve got the Audiority Pre X7 in front of Spin. These feed into Valhalla Delay and Valhalla Plate - these make amazing sounds.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 2 months 3 weeks ago #20248

Kuassa for chorus/phase/flange/etc. type effects. Valhalla Room for rooms/studio spaces. Valhalla Delay and Outer Space by AudioThing for delays. Sonsig by Relab for halls/chambers/long FX reverbs. Kush Novatron or PSP FETPressor or Kuassa for pre-S-Gear compression. There are so many great options (the past few years have been very good to us as plugin users) that it's tough to create a list.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 2 months 3 weeks ago #20250

Eventide flanger (fantastic), LiquidSonics' Seventh Heaven (reverb), Valhalla Delay (like it better than Echoboy), True Iron.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes." - Jack Handey
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 2 months 3 weeks ago #20252

Amplitube, usually one of the distortions in front, sometimes wah or volume. I also like their MXR Chorus. Maybe a phaser as well.

NI's Replika or Choral. Sometimes the PsycheDelay or Quad Delay from GR5.

Melda MTurboDelay.

Nomad Factory Echoes - particularly for the Oilcan model.

Rematrix.
  • Magic Russ
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 1 week 5 days ago #20511

Audified MultiDrive Pedal Pro(drive), Tal Chorus LX and Mercuriall Chorus WS1 (Chorus), Outer Space by Audiothing (incredible) and echoes T7e by Audiority (Delay), Twangstrom by u-he (Spring Reverb)
Last edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Af23.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 1 week 5 days ago #20514

As my needs as a player changed, and the need of using pedals before the 1st gain stage arose, fortunately I've discovered that the FREE version of Amplitube 4 offers everything I needed and then some.

Granted, it's nowhere near S-Gear in terms of feeling, behaviour and dynamics, mind you... however I've anyway been able to make pretty good presets that I use in live settings like gigs, rehearsals and spontaneaous jams while keeping on getting cumpliments for the tone. Some understanding of audio basics and some relatively extensive tweaking of AT's cabs ecosystem required. YMMV.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What other softwares do you use with S Gear? 1 week 5 days ago #20517

All Mercuriall stuff, very nice plugins, and also PRS Supermodels, from which I love Dallas particularly, one of the best guitar plugins I have.

But must of my guitar tones I get them from the Exe Fx III these days.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds