• Page:

TOPIC: Input Impedance - is it that important?

Input Impedance - is it that important? 1 month 22 hours ago #20200

Good day,

As I was discovering that the input on the UMC series was always clipping, I asked a very knowledgeable acquaintance of mine to see if he could ascertain the actual input impedance. He told me that on the UMC202HD the input impedance was 1.5+ Mohms, and for the UMS404HD the input impedance was 1.8+ Mohms.

I have contacted Behringer and have received a reply that I am not very happy with. I have therefore, asked my acquaintance to provide me with more specifics so that this information can be submitted to Behringer for their consideration.
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 month 22 hours ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Input Impedance - is it that important? 1 month 18 hours ago #20201

Thanks.
LtKojak: out of curiosity - where did you find those specs?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Input Impedance - is it that important? 1 month 18 hours ago #20202

mr-es335 wrote:

He told me that on the UMC202HD the input impedance was 1.5+ Mohms, and for the UMS404HD the input impedance was 1.8+ Mohms.
I don't think this is true. I have to see what was the process your friend used to measure it, as I fault that to get such big different measures between models that share the exact same circuit and components.
mr-es335 wrote:

I have contacted Behringer and have received a reply that I am not very happy with.
If they said "I don't know what you're talking about", I can't blame'em.
mr-es335 wrote:

I have therefore, asked my acquaintance to provide me with more specifics so that this information can be submitted to Behringer for their consideration.
I, for one, would like very much to see both the measuring process, tools and probes used and the final results. Would you please be so kind in providing'em?

Yours very truly,
Last edit: 1 month 18 hours ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Input Impedance - is it that important? 1 month 18 hours ago #20203

klinge wrote:

Thanks.
LtKojak: out of curiosity - where did you find those specs?
*sigh* www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/C...ads#googtrans(en|en)

If from here you still can't figure it out, then don't be surprised if mother nature comes to you asking back your opposable thumbs... :P

Just pulling your leg, man... ;)
Last edit: 1 month 18 hours ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Input Impedance - is it that important? 1 month 7 hours ago #20205

I think there's too much focus being put on the specs, but if it's important to know them, I'd lean on Behringer's published technical documents.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Input Impedance - is it that important? 1 week 1 day ago #20306

People ask a lot about the Lehle Sunday driver. Like I said I have one and it stays in front of my interface. However the one I have is the Sunday Driver SW and I forgot to say this is may be the best clean boost you can have in front of S Gear. Just try it in front of the Stealer......
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Input Impedance - is it that important? 1 week 15 hours ago #20312

fatherjacques wrote:

the Sunday Driver SW and I forgot to say this is may be the best clean boost you can have in front of S Gear. Just try it in front of the Stealer......
Shhhhh!!!!!!!!!! It's supposed to be a secret, only revealed after the initiation ceremony and the learning of the secret handshake...
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques
Last edit: 1 week 15 hours ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds