TOPIC: Do you record in Stereo?

Do you record in Stereo? 2 weeks 1 day ago #20149

Just curious...
It sounds great for playing/performing but do you mix in mono when recording songs?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Do you record in Stereo? 2 weeks 1 day ago #20152

I nearly always record guitars in mono, but reverb and delays are stereo (I use verbs/fx outside of S-Gear).
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Do you record in Stereo? 2 weeks 22 hours ago #20158

Do you set S Gear to mono or do you just centre the panning in the pro convolver?
Last edit: 2 weeks 22 hours ago by mkruse.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Do you record in Stereo? 2 weeks 3 hours ago #20161

for jamming normally stereo but for recording mono, often double tracking rhythm parts and partially panning them L/R.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Do you record in Stereo? 1 week 6 days ago #20162

mkruse wrote:

Do you set S Gear to mono or do you just centre the panning in the pro convolver?

I use a mono instance of the plugin.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Do you record in Stereo? 1 week 1 day ago #20184

It all depends on the sound I'm after. A lot of records use a single microphone in front of the guitarists amp, and that includes any pedals. So, mono is often good enough (even when using S-Gear fx).

If the guitar part demands a stereo "space" I'l S-Gear in stereo, and I find the stereo S-Gear effects are quite good and will sometimes use those. Other times I will rely on using a bus from the mono guitar "amped" track, and adding other third-party stereo effects (e.g. doubler, reverb, delay, etc) on the bus.
I've been using Helix Native for over a year and just tried S-Gear. I like it a lot better.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds