TOPIC: How can i reactivate my S-Gear license?

How can i reactivate my S-Gear license? 1 month 2 weeks ago #20148

I upgraded my PC hardware and duly deactivated S-Gear before the upgrade.

Now, the reactivation process is convoluted as hell. I can't find my S-Gear license number either on my previous Win installation disk (even checked AppData - Roaming) and can't find the license number from my S-Gear web account either.

How am I supposed to enter the license number when it's nowhere to be found? What am I doing wrong? I tried the offline install option too and it prompts to go to "the Activation page" at www.scuffhamamps.com but no page named "Activation" even exists. I'm supposed to be sending e-mails for a mere reactivation?

What's the use of deactivating in the first place, when reactivation requires contacting support anyway.
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by motorcade.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

How can i reactivate my S-Gear license? 1 month 2 weeks ago #20153

Scuffham needs to re-think the de-/reactivation process. There should be a disclaimer in big red letters before attempting to deactivate saying "You will lose your license key once you deactivate, are you absolutely sure you want to proceed?" :(

I tried to copy the FLEXnet folder from my previous installation in an attempt to get S-Gear reactivated and now it either says my license needs repairing or that my demo period has already expired.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

How can i reactivate my S-Gear license? 1 month 2 weeks ago #20154

Sorry to hear that. Your situation is not the norm (deactivations are common and without issue) -- something clearly went wrong and it needs support.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

How can i reactivate my S-Gear license? 1 month 2 weeks ago #20156

motorcade wrote:

I can't find my S-Gear license number either on my previous Win installation disk (even checked AppData - Roaming) and can't find the license number from my S-Gear web account either.

If you've lost your license key then you need to contact support and we'll resend it to you. It's as simple as that.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

How can i reactivate my S-Gear license? 1 month 2 weeks ago #20157

mike wrote:

motorcade wrote:

I can't find my S-Gear license number either on my previous Win installation disk (even checked AppData - Roaming) and can't find the license number from my S-Gear web account either.

If you've lost your license key then you need to contact support and we'll resend it to you. It's as simple as that.

Thank you, I did that just now!

Wouldn't it be better for the license key to be stored and retrievable from the S-Gear user account? It seems to be the norm anyways. I feel there should be a warning before deactivation about the user needing to have the license key archived somewhere for reactivation. (On a side note, I have no problem with needing to deactivate in and of itself.)
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by motorcade.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds