• Page:

TOPIC: Pedals with s-gear?

Pedals with s-gear? 2 months 1 day ago #20076

solaris76 wrote:

If you're looking to stay digital, I've just purchased Audified Multidrive pedal pro plugin, who i'd never heard of until earlier today.

I'd also never heard of them. I just tried the demo and wasn't expecting to enjoy them as much as I did! Very usable tones. Also really nice to see a Blues Driver emulation. Thanks for the heads up.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pedals with s-gear? 1 month 4 weeks ago #20094

I never use physical pedals with my DAW. Partly because of gain staging and partly because if I decide I want to change my sound, having a recording of a guitar part through stompbox limits my options.

The other day I was using Le Pou's emulation of the Wampler Cranked AC pedal in front of one of the cleaner Stealer patches. It's 32 bit only, which may be a problem depending on your DAW, but it sounds great.
  • Magic Russ
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pedals with s-gear? 1 month 4 weeks ago #20095

I take snapshots of my pedalboard any time I record with them and save that image in the session folder. It's a common practice, something assistants did daily when analog gear was all you had. Don't let these things limit your process.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pedals with s-gear? 1 month 4 weeks ago #20096

Another thing I tried was NI's mod pack behind S-Gear. Phasis and Flair have good phaser and flanger sounds, respectively, but the Dimension mode of Choral was really a standout.
  • Magic Russ
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pedals with s-gear? 1 month 3 weeks ago #20108

Magic Russ wrote:

Another thing I tried was NI's mod pack behind S-Gear. Phasis and Flair have good phaser and flanger sounds, respectively, but the Dimension mode of Choral was really a standout.

Yes the NI mod pack is very nice with guitar.

But man when I got Valhalla Delay.. it sounds so good on guitar and there's so many different kinds of delays. The dark bucket brigade, ahh.. And the tape delay in dual and ping-pong mode.. Amazing.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pedals with s-gear? 1 month 3 weeks ago #20110

solaris76 wrote:

If you're looking to stay digital, I've just purchased Audified Multidrive pedal pro plugin, who i'd never heard of until earlier today. Trialled them for <30mins and went straight and bought them! Been playing and recording for 30 years, and never managed to get a sound like I have today.

In front of S-Gear, they sound awesome. They add something too even when the pedal is turned off. Coupled with Valhalla reverbs and delay I think I've found my prefect digital amp setup (and all pretty cheap too)

(BTW I don't work for these guys, nor have any ties to them, but i'm as blown away with these plugins as I was with S-Gear ;)

Cool, thanks for the information, will try these out as soon as I can.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pedals with s-gear? 1 month 3 weeks ago #20125

ff
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by larserik.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pedals with s-gear? 4 weeks 1 day ago #20212

Update: Now my small s-gear pedalboard is complete.

Mxr Studio Compressor
Boss BD2w
Boss SD1w
Mxr Distortion +
MXR M299 Mini Analog Delay

:feeling it:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pedals with s-gear? 4 weeks 1 day ago #20213

Speaking of Analogman's King of Tone pedal (in front of S-Gear), the new Helix Native update includes a very effective emulation of the King of Tone, and it sounds great in front of S-Gear.
I've been using Helix Native for years. Then I tried S-Gear. I like S-Gear better!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pedals with s-gear? 2 weeks 4 days ago #20260

Is anyone using (or tried) Mercuriall SS-11X before S-Gear?

Although it's marketed as an all-in-one plugin (with cab and reverb IRs), it is a tube pre-amp. I really like what it does as a pedal before S-Gear - lots of tone-stack options and multiple channels (clean/drive with crunch/lead). And you get some Mercurial OD/Tubescreamer pedals you can add to the input. The in-built tuner is pretty decent too. The demo was pretty annoying with the frequent silence, but maybe it worked, as I bought it ;)
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by kierank.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Pedals with s-gear? 2 weeks 4 days ago #20261

I just use SS-11X with the power amp in (Mercuriall) ReAxis - it works great.
(ReAxis lets you disable the preamp and cab.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: kierank
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds