TOPIC: Converting Old Recordings to S-Gear Quality

Converting Old Recordings to S-Gear Quality 5 months 5 hours ago #19957

Hello,

A general question about recording. I have a song that I recorded with Garagband amps prior to purchasing S-Gear. I’m happy with the playing itself but definitely not happy with the tone. If on that track I assign an S-Gear amp to it, is it the exact same as recording with S-Gear or does it not register the same and it actually needs to be recorded with the software? I don’t like the finished product but definitely don’t want to re-record all the guitar parts.Thanks in advance!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Converting Old Recordings to S-Gear Quality 5 months 1 hour ago #19958

What you're asking about is a common practice, and you should be able to reuse the unprocessed tracks with S-Gear just fine.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Converting Old Recordings to S-Gear Quality 4 months 2 weeks ago #20036

stratman88 wrote:

Hello,

A general question about recording. I have a song that I recorded with Garagband amps prior to purchasing S-Gear. I’m happy with the playing itself but definitely not happy with the tone. If on that track I assign an S-Gear amp to it, is it the exact same as recording with S-Gear or does it not register the same and it actually needs to be recorded with the software? I don’t like the finished product but definitely don’t want to re-record all the guitar parts.Thanks in advance!

What isn't clear from your post: did you record the signal processed by the Garageband amps or did you record a clean signal and then set a Garageband amp on it as a plugin effect?

If it is the latter, then no problem - simply use S-Gear on the clean guitar signal (of course, remove the Garageband amp from the plugin chain) and process to taste (I don't have Garageband, so I don't know about the workflow in it do to that...).

If you recorded the processed signal, this will not work - amping an amped signal CAN have positive effects (especially if the original amp setting was mainly clean), but it will not help you replace a bad amp tone. So if you recorded the processed signal, you may actually have to re-record.

Best find the recorded WAV/AIFF files and check them outside Garageband - then you should have clarity.

Cheers,

Torsten
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds