TOPIC: Tap tempo

Tap tempo 3 months 3 weeks ago #19880

I would like to use the stand alone version of S-Gear 2.7 (Mac OS) for church. I want to use a button on my midi controller (RJM Mastermind LT) to "tap" the tempo. Then I would like to use a second button to change the time division for the delay between 1/8, 1/8 dot and 1/4. Is this possible, and if so, how do you configure the settings in S-Gear?
  • kirkbowman
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 3 months 3 weeks ago #19881

S-Gear doesn't offer the feature you're asking. Sorry!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 3 months 3 weeks ago #19882

kirkbowman wrote:

I would like to use the stand alone version of S-Gear 2.7 (Mac OS) for church. I want to use a button on my midi controller (RJM Mastermind LT) to "tap" the tempo. Then I would like to use a second button to change the time division for the delay between 1/8, 1/8 dot and 1/4. Is this possible, and if so, how do you configure the settings in S-Gear?

You can assign a MIDI controller to tap the delay tempo. Use a momentary MIDI switch and assign to 'Delay Tap Time' on one of the DelayThing devices.

The Delay Thing tempo sync feature works independently to the tap function. Also, this is not assignable via MIDI.

-Mike
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 3 months 2 weeks ago #19886

Thanks Mike.
  • kirkbowman
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 1 month 3 weeks ago #20123

Hi,
I'm setting up Nektar Pacer for S-Gear. I assigned a MIDI CC in Pacer and accordingly in S-Gear. In order to get the new tempo activated I need to click the tap/sync button twice. Is it possible for the new tempo to become active immediately after tapping? What am I doing wrong?
Regards,
Willem
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 1 month 3 weeks ago #20124

Wiwolos wrote:

Hi,
I'm setting up Nektar Pacer for S-Gear. I assigned a MIDI CC in Pacer and accordingly in S-Gear. In order to get the new tempo activated I need to click the tap/sync button twice. Is it possible for the new tempo to become active immediately after tapping? What am I doing wrong?
Regards,
Willem

The Tap button requires two taps to determine the new delay time. Am I missing something from your question?
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 1 month 3 weeks ago #20126

Willem -- are you saying that it takes two taps just to get S-Gear to start paying attention to the Pacer?

Otherwise, as Mike said, Tap Tempo cannot provide a tempo unless it receives at least two taps which represent the tempo you have in mind. There is no tempo in a single beat.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 1 month 2 weeks ago #20127

Thanks!
I tap twice and I'm seeing MIDI coming in (s-gear) like it should, but the new tempo is only taking effect after clicking tap/sync twice. The delaything display is also updated after the two clicks on tap/sync.
Regards,
Willem
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 1 month 2 weeks ago #20129

Then it's working properly.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 1 month 2 weeks ago #20130

Sorry, but I don't think so. What's the use of tapping tempo with my foot and then having to click twice with the mouse? Think of a live situation...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 1 month 2 weeks ago #20131

I thought the taps you mentioned were taps on the pedal board. It shouldn't require mouse activity at all if you're playing live. As you said, that's the point of a MIDI-capable board.

Anyone else experiencing this behavior?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 1 month 2 weeks ago #20135

Wiwolos wrote:

Sorry, but I don't think so. What's the use of tapping tempo with my foot and then having to click twice with the mouse? Think of a live situation...

Perhaps the tap controller message is not mapping correctly? You are welcome to send a message via support and share some screenshots of your settings. It might help identify the issue.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 1 month 2 weeks ago #20136

Thanks. I changed the cc type to toggle, of course that did not work either. I then changed back to momentary
CC and it worked ok. Awkward... Problem solved.
Thank you very much; help is much appreciated!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 1 month 2 weeks ago #20138

Ah hah! That makes sense now. I suppose it just didn't accept that button as momentary the first time around -- I'm glad it's working now.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Tap tempo 1 month 2 weeks ago #20140

And so am I! Thanks again.
Best regards
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds