TOPIC: Input seems really really low

Input seems really really low 5 months 3 weeks ago #19753

I am using the Standalone atm with my Line6 Helix as my interface

I have the correct inputs and outputs set up , but on the actual program the Input meter seems incredibly low, i have even turned it up to 6 and i am still not even getting past half way on the meter.
I then gave the signal more gain by giving it +12 on the Helix and it still seems really low

Something is amiss, i could be doing something wrong but i dont understand what as i have no issues with other Guitar sims

Please help me figure it out:)

I mean yes i am getting sound and its all working but that meter seems incredibly low compared to everything else i have used
  • danbottomburp
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Input seems really really low 5 months 3 weeks ago #19754

I would be hard to help you without more information. Some things to consider:
* make sure any blocks in Helix before the output are unity gain (bypass the blocks and set the level so the bypass and non-bypass levels are the same)
* Make sure you're using the right USB input (1/2 for stereo out, 7 for direct guitar).
* make sure the global settings for the USB outputs are at 0dB.
* if you're on Windows, make sure the Windows device driver input volumes are set appropriately
The following user(s) said Thank You: danbottomburp
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Input seems really really low 5 months 3 weeks ago #19759

jamsden wrote:

I would be hard to help you without more information. Some things to consider:
* make sure any blocks in Helix before the output are unity gain (bypass the blocks and set the level so the bypass and non-bypass levels are the same)
* Make sure you're using the right USB input (1/2 for stereo out, 7 for direct guitar).
* make sure the global settings for the USB outputs are at 0dB.
* if you're on Windows, make sure the Windows device driver input volumes are set appropriately

I have no blocks on the Helix, its a empty preset, i dont want any effect from Helix tainting the S-Gear sim
I am using the correct USB input ( i get sound but the meter in the Amp Sim is barely showing any activity)
Global settings for USB outputs is 0db

It appears that my signal going into S-Gear is too weak
Would really like to solve this as i cannot purchase this product if i cannot get levels that make me satisfied or an explanation why the S-Gear Input meter is barely registering a signal
  • danbottomburp
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Input seems really really low 5 months 3 weeks ago #19760

Just a guess here, but on my audio interface, I've got a switch on my input, for line and instrument. If I've a guitar plugged in and it's set to line, it is always very low. You need to switch to instrument.

Perhaps you've got a switch like that on your audio interface?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Input seems really really low 5 months 3 weeks ago #19761

Has to be something with the Helix output, are you sure the impedance matches? I get get good levels using a lower end interface, Scarlett 2i4, set at about 4. Single coils will of course give you less output. If you have an interface lying around try that instead of the Helix. This isn't the best practice, but you could also try a clean boost pedal or even a drive pedal after your guitar but before the interface, in your case the Helix. Once you get it going you're gonna love S-Gear... it's a game changer.
  • gearhead001
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 5 months 3 weeks ago by gearhead001.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Input seems really really low 5 months 3 weeks ago #19762

seosamh wrote:

Just a guess here, but on my audio interface, I've got a switch on my input, for line and instrument. If I've a guitar plugged in and it's set to line, it is always very low. You need to switch to instrument.

Perhaps you've got a switch like that on your audio interface?

Ohh, you could well be onto something here, i know its currently set to "Line" as i have it set up using a pair of Studio Monitors
I will try changing it to "Instrument" and see how that differs, cant do it right now as away from home, will report back asap

Thanks
Dan
  • danbottomburp
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Input seems really really low 5 months 3 weeks ago #19786

Found the setting that was causing the issue :)
On my Helix there is a "Guitar pad" option i must have enabled some time back, turned this off and its 100% better
Bought my license yesterday evening :)

Thanks
Dan
  • danbottomburp
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds