TOPIC: Presets with User Impulses

Presets with User Impulses 3 months 1 week ago #18633

In section 12 the S-Gear user manual states:

Important notes on User Impulses

User Impulse files are not exported with presets:

When exporting or importing S-GEAR presets that require user impulses, you must also make sure that the associated user impulses are imported with exactly the same name.

QUESTIONS

Does this mean that when I export a preset (or all presets) that any user IRs are NOT stored as part of that export.

Basically if I then import from a saved preset will any user loaded IRs be included so long as I have them loaded into S-Gear with the same name as originally used when saving the preset?
  • audiodemon
  • Tone Seeker
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by audiodemon.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Presets with User Impulses 3 months 1 week ago #18634

audiodemon wrote:

Does this mean that when I export a preset (or all presets) that any user IRs are NOT stored as part of that export.

Basically if I then import from a saved preset will any user loaded IRs be included so long as I have them loaded into S-Gear with the same name as originally used when saving the preset?

That's correct.

If you have many User Impulses and you wish to migrate between machines, it is also possible to copy the entire content of the user impulses folder. This folder is scanned by S-GEAR. See the following support page for folder paths:
www.scuffhamamps.com/support/installatio...de/files-and-folders

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: gwp99, audiodemon
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Presets with User Impulses 3 months 5 days ago #18637

Thanks Mike.
  • audiodemon
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY