TOPIC: Celestion IR Comparisons

Celestion IR Comparisons 3 weeks 20 hours ago #18611

I got some celestion IRs recently and thought I'd make a comparison video. I got some of the lesser known speakers, so if you're wondering what they sound like, check it out.

The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques, erik, ges, DC42, klinge
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Celestion IR Comparisons 3 weeks 18 hours ago #18612

Nice Chan. My Celestion IR's sound very thin and have a "tinny" sound. Tried adjusting low and high pass frequencies to no avail. Want to like them (the ones I have) but feel there are better options when it comes to IR's.

Your tones sound good!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chan
Dave

"There's nothing wrong with you that a good shuffle boogie won't cure"
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Celestion IR Comparisons 2 weeks 6 days ago #18616

Thanks. Everyone has different tastes and some of the IRs do have drastically different sounds. Sometimes you just need to find the right IR that suits you, which is one of the reasons I made this video.

Thank you for watching.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Celestion IR Comparisons 2 weeks 5 days ago #18617

Hi Chan! What amplifier or simulator did you use to record this comparative?
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Celestion IR Comparisons 2 weeks 5 days ago #18618

Bruno - S-gear of course. I just turned off the proconvolver. In retrospect I should have left it on, so I could adjust the Z parameter, but I don't think it came out extremely different.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Celestion IR Comparisons 2 weeks 4 days ago #18619

You have me interested in these IRs Chan. Wait I bought the RedWirez big box. ;)
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Celestion IR Comparisons 2 weeks 4 days ago #18622

Did you hear a great difference over Redwirez? It seems to me that celestion highs are more refined, or present without beeing harsh.
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Celestion IR Comparisons 2 weeks 4 days ago #18623

rose703 - You can never have too many IRs I say:lol: Of course I understand not wanting to buy a bunch of duplicate stuff. I just took a brief look and I don't think there is any overlap with any of the IRs I showed in this video. Many of these celestions are newer or rare, so other companies don't have them. Of course you have to judge yourself whether you like the sound or not. They do sales a few times a year, so if you're interested that is the best time to buy.

BrunoMariano - To me these IRs are more mid range focused and the highs aren't as harsh. The redwirez can get fizzy if you're not careful I find. Celestion doesn't have tons of mic positions, but what they do have IMO sounds good, whereas redwirez has more, but its hit or miss. Redwirez has more brands while celestion has celestion speakers only, of course, but they do have a lot of rare speakers that other companies don't have such as the Redback, A-type, V-type, etc. To my ears the celestions sound better, but if you like a scooped midrange sound you may not like them.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Celestion IR Comparisons 2 weeks 1 day ago #18625

Thanks for letting me know. The Marshall cabinets in RedWirez are my favorites. I see myself buying some of these later on this year or next.
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Celestion IR Comparisons 1 week 6 days ago #18627

I'm sold. Just bought a Vintge 30 4x12" IR. Best Vintage 30 IR out there, not harsh, not brittle (unless you want it with "thin" and "bright" IRs) but with LOTS of the best mids I hear on an IR.
Best MD421 mic IR and best ROOM mics. Better than Ownhammer room mic and much better than Redwirez room mic IR (their weekspot, in my opinion).
The results using a reactive load and my amp heads is the most similar with what I get with real mics (I own a real Vintage 30 loaded 4x12").
Since I've already bought a huge amount of IRs (from Rosen and 3Sigma), I'm stick with this 4x12" by now and will buy more IRs on a next sale.
Thanks Chan!
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Celestion IR Comparisons 1 week 5 days ago #18629

BrunoMariano wrote:

I'm sold. Just bought a Vintge 30 4x12" IR. Best Vintage 30 IR out there

can you post a link for the Vintage ir?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BrunoMariano
  • NightWalker
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Celestion IR Comparisons 1 week 5 days ago #18630

The following user(s) said Thank You: NightWalker
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Celestion IR Comparisons 1 week 5 days ago #18631

Again: Those stereo room mics are fantastic!
  • BrunoMariano
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Celestion IR Comparisons 1 week 5 days ago #18632

thank you bro!!
  • NightWalker
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds