TOPIC: S-Gear 2.9 status?

S-Gear 2.9 status? 7 months 2 weeks ago #19162

Hello, a question with reference to the topic of sgear 2.9 update. As I read there is an amount of 29 euros for having access. The question is: someone has already spoken, from one version 3 with new amps or with new developments. So I do not know if after paying an amount of 2.9, the step of 3.0 will also have a new cost for those who upgrade? merci for the possible comments.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 7 months 2 weeks ago #19163

A small upgrade fee for 2.9 and another for 3.0 is probable, as 3.0 will be a new, full product. I fully support the developer and have no issues keeping such great software growing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hoss, Dallon426
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 7 months 2 weeks ago #19164

I think most S-Gear customers would gladly pay more. One, to show our appreciation to Mike for a great product. Two, to increase the speed of development, assuming it does not sacrifice quality.
  • kirkbowman
  • kirkbowman's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Star
  • Posts: 18
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 7 months 2 weeks ago #19170

I would also gladly pay an upgrade fee. Most would if they like the product. S-Gear is already a bargain when you compare it to other products in its class. I have 4 other full version sims and while I don't use S-gear on every track, it's on at least one in every project. It's a workhorse and worth twice the price.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 7 months 2 weeks ago #19175

Feel free to donate, folk's
  • Dallon426
  • Dallon426's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 133
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 7 months 2 weeks ago #19178

I did not mean that it was just or unfair. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what the mike policy was. nothing more. I am also happy with what I give myself to s-gear
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Jordi.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 7 months 2 weeks ago #19187

Jordi wrote:

Hello, a question with reference to the topic of sgear 2.9 update. As I read there is an amount of 29 euros for having access. The question is: someone has already spoken, from one version 3 with new amps or with new developments. So I do not know if after paying an amount of 2.9, the step of 3.0 will also have a new cost for those who upgrade? merci for the possible comments.

Obviously I have some ideas about how I will approach bringing future stuff to market, but it's too soon to talk specifics. With the v2.9 pricing I wanted to make the upgrade as accessible to everyone as I possibly could. It is the biggest overhaul of S-GEAR since we first launched and will provide a solid foundation for (hopefully) lots more releases.

Thanks for all the comments here. I'm really enjoying the development work and feeling very upbeat about the direction in which S-GEAR is moving. For now it's heads down to get to release...

Cheers,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: ges, mohi, ryentzer, peter_kluciar, DC42, grateful grafford, AJB1965
  • mike
  • mike's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1823
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 7 months 2 weeks ago #19188

mike wrote:

It is the biggest overhaul of S-GEAR since we first launched and will provide a solid foundation for (hopefully) lots more releases
Mike, what do you mean with this? Is v. 2.9 made to work with the new framework/engine v. 3.0 will be based on?

Inquiring minds wwould like to know. B)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 7 months 2 weeks ago #19198

LtKojak wrote:

mike wrote:

It is the biggest overhaul of S-GEAR since we first launched and will provide a solid foundation for (hopefully) lots more releases
Mike, what do you mean with this? Is v. 2.9 made to work with the new framework/engine v. 3.0 will be based on?)

There will no difference in audio processing if that is what you are asking. The algorithms are applied bit for bit the same so the software will not sound any different. That kind of change would be introduced only with new amps or devices.

S-GEAR v2.9 includes completely updated SDKs (e.g. plug-in SDKs, GUI SDKs etc) and a major overhaul of nearly all elements of the plug-in framework.

Cheers,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: ImACracka, ryentzer, kirkbowman
  • mike
  • mike's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1823
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 6 months 3 weeks ago #19262

mike wrote:

LtKojak wrote:

mike wrote:

It is the biggest overhaul of S-GEAR since we first launched and will provide a solid foundation for (hopefully) lots more releases
Mike, what do you mean with this? Is v. 2.9 made to work with the new framework/engine v. 3.0 will be based on?)

There will no difference in audio processing if that is what you are asking. The algorithms are applied bit for bit the same so the software will not sound any different. That kind of change would be introduced only with new amps or devices.

S-GEAR v2.9 includes completely updated SDKs (e.g. plug-in SDKs, GUI SDKs etc) and a major overhaul of nearly all elements of the plug-in framework.

Cheers,
Mike
So we are paying a $29 upgrade fee for the development of an SDK and code housekeeping..

Not feeling that at all.

I do hope the bug about having to launch sgear before launching my daw to validate the license will be fixed. That sort of mickey mouse rigamarole really is more important to me than your backend re-org, which really should be born by hardware vendors planning to make use of that sdk. Making the end user subsidize that business process also seems less than honorable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver, Aristoteles D
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 6 months 1 week ago #19305

...less than honorable.

Answer #1... So don't get the update. Just wait for 3.0.

Comment #1... You might want to reconsider your 'less than honorable' statement. I've been on the Scuffham Train for quite a while and absolutely NOTHING Mike has done has been 'less than honorable'.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asintoras
  • cojoguitar
  • cojoguitar's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Star
  • Posts: 20
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 6 months 1 week ago #19306

Come on be serious. It seems that you think everything should be free. 29$ is more or less 6 good coffee!

May be Mike should pay people to use the software?
The following user(s) said Thank You: hoss
  • fatherjacques
  • fatherjacques's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Tone Master
  • Posts: 462
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 5 months 3 weeks ago #19346

I trust you will also adjust the date for access to it for buyers that bought it last year... Please advise. Thanks.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 5 months 3 weeks ago #19347

I have no problem paying whatever dollars knowing how much effort Mike will put into making a fantastic product & updates............... BUT......

I feel that the development of Sgear is stretching quite a bit and to be honest, it is starting to fade from my radar as the clock ticks at my end as well. I just gotta get on with my life as well not worrying too much about gears and stuff. So I should just say we should be happy and feel lucky to have a great tool as Sgear. It still amazes me how good it sounds as it is now.

I also understand it is a tough market considering all the competition going on out there. So much good stuff without spending fortune to get premium stuff like Fractal or Kemper.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 5 months 2 weeks ago #19365

I’m new in the forum and S-Gear and considering high expectations for next versions I just want to say something = when it’s not broken then don’t fix it.

I had Fractal Axefx II then AxeFxIII. Axe III is nothing as good as AxeII was, don’t sound as good. Had to send it back after weeks tweaking.

Let’s look at Kemper. It’s been slightly updated but hardware still the same.

I think Mike should improve user interface to get some new customers and make S-Gear more appealing but should be very precautious with algorithms.

For the price, I’m ok to pay for novelties and new stuff.
Mike needs to live correctly if his work.
He’s giving more to us than we do.
So thank you Mike, I sold Kemper and AxeIII to focus on s-gear and Mercuriall plugins, I will be pleased to pay fees to new updates.

Thanks Mike, don’t rush, you have my support.

You guys on the forum could help with YouTube videos and sharing Scuffham S-Gear to people who don’t necessarily know the product.
I bought Helix Native before coming into S-Gear. Was a bad move, wich I had tried SG before.
Helix Native is sounds really weak and fizzy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mingury, ImACracka, Ti_Dom, rmg471
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 5 months 2 weeks ago #19366

Hi Apotheker, thanks for the comment on Axe Fx III, which I find quite interesting. As with Fractal the product always get realerer(er) :silly: Yes I have sold Axe FX II years ago (which I sometimes miss). Still keeping Kemper tho.

Just out of interest, have you tried Headrush at all, as you appear to share my thoughts on others. Thanks.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 5 months 2 weeks ago #19367

Well I wouldn't like to start an Axe FX III debate on this Forum but have mine since 4 months ago and it is the most incredible gear I ever had ... I just love how it sounds and feels, and have only scratched the surface of its posibilities.

Back to S-Gear, hopefully soon we will be able to compare it against the latest creation of Scuffham!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

profiling feature in S-GEAR? 5 months 2 weeks ago #19397

Hskr8 wrote:

So we are paying a $29 upgrade fee for the development of an SDK and code housekeeping..

Not feeling that at all.

From what I can tell, 2.9 seems to be an interesting GUI update (with a scalable UI). That’s more than a mere SDK update.

But it would be nice to see some pedal effects added in — or something similar.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

profiling feature in S-GEAR? 5 months 2 weeks ago #19401

Hello everybody (and excuse my English)

Please, is it true that S-Gear 2.9 will include an scalable GUI alla Arturia V-Collection ... I'll really be grateful 'cause here's a 47 years old toying with computers since I was 12 and now it's been a while since I'm having a hard time trying to read the screen (and I don't have a 2K or 4K monitor - I seem to remember that max resolution on my monitors is sort of 1920x1200 or so - ) . I was told on my last medical examination for the updating of my driving licence - like 5 yrs ago - that next time I won't be getting away with not having to wear glasses ( and those glasses are going to be the first I wear and need ) ... On top of that my wrists are done and aching and I can't barely make a few clicks with the mouse or play a few chords/beats on an instrument ... Now that I have eventually collected all the gear and software that I've always wished for ... Damm life sometimes you know ... Anyway ... Thanks in advance ...

MY LEGS ARE GREY, MY EARS ARE NULLED, MY EYES ARE OLD AND BENT. https://montypython.gifglobe.com/scene/?id=LF6S8yGq1huT
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

profiling feature in S-GEAR? 5 months 2 weeks ago #19405

yurodivi wrote:

Hello everybody (and excuse my English)

Please, is it true that S-Gear 2.9 will include an scalable GUI alla Arturia V-Collection ... I'll really be grateful 'cause here's a 47 years old toying with computers since I was 12 and now it's been a while since I'm having a hard time trying to read the screen (and I don't have a 2K or 4K monitor - I seem to remember that max resolution on my monitors is sort of 1920x1200 or so - ) . I was told on my last medical examination for the updating of my driving licence - like 5 yrs ago - that next time I won't be getting away with not having to wear glasses ( and those glasses are going to be the first I wear and need ) ... On top of that my wrists are done and aching and I can't barely make a few clicks with the mouse or play a few chords/beats on an instrument ... Now that I have eventually collected all the gear and software that I've always wished for ... Damm life sometimes you know ... Anyway ... Thanks in advance ...

MY LEGS ARE GREY, MY EARS ARE NULLED, MY EYES ARE OLD AND BENT. https://montypython.gifglobe.com/scene/?id=LF6S8yGq1huT

S-GEAR v2.9 will offer scalability via a dropdown selector where you can choose 100%, 125%, 150% or 200%.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mohi, susbemol, yurodivi, swaite, Magic Russ, Apotheker, Ti_Dom
  • mike
  • mike's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 1823
Last edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum