TOPIC: S-Gear 2.9 status?

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 4 days ago #19027

As Mike said:

"Please know that I dedicate a great amount of time, energy and enthusiasm to S-GEAR, in fact there isn't a single day in the last seven years where I haven't done some support or development work towards the product. Right now I am very focused on the next release and it will be worth the wait.
Please be patient and let's try to keep the forum positive."
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 3 days ago #19031

Why are you saying it is ridicoulous? If you look at top of the line softwares you will realize they do not make changes for marketing purposes. For sure some things could be better. It is like a car. Some will buy the latest flavor of the month and then will change it when the next flavor of the month pop-up. Others will buy cars that give them a lot of pleasure even though they do not have the latest gimmick.

As a company you choose either to compete with Mass market products or simply be a niche market product. I think S Gear is more a niche market product for connaissor.

I will wait as long as it will take.
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 3 days ago #19032

The market is so populated now with good solutions that if one in particular does not satisfy or suit you, there are many to look at. So I think it makes sense to be respectful to the S-Gear development team, enjoy what you have now, and look elsewhere for things you may miss in the current Version.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 3 days ago #19033

I remember seeing a lot of videos maybe 2 years ago about pedal manufacturers discussing the meaning of the word 'boutique'. What it means now and what it originally meant. It was quite interesting. I guess it would be fair to say that S-Gear and Schuffham Amps is in that sense a traditional boutique software manufacturer.
Just sayin'... one has to wait a long time for REAL boutique guitar to be made as well...
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike
  • tanarur
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 3 days ago #19034

Here is a short screen capture showing some of the new Preset Management features.

v2.9 is geared towards productivity improvements and readying the S-GEAR framework for the next generation of product releases. We needed more preset capacity and more powerful preset management. We also needed compatibility with the newer HiDPI displays which are becoming the norm.

Right now it is difficult to take time out to produce marketing material since I am extremely busy with development work. More info will be published as the new version nears completion.

Stay tuned,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: MPH, fatherjacques, bhuddell, Breg, erik, mohi, asintoras, susbemol, mikmock, kirkbowman, yurodivi, boasson, Dallon426
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 3 days ago #19037

mike wrote:

Here is a short screen capture showing some of the new Preset Management features.

v2.9 is geared towards productivity improvements and readying the S-GEAR framework for the next generation of product releases. We needed more preset capacity and more powerful preset management. We also needed compatibility with the newer HiDPI displays which are becoming the norm.

Right now it is difficult to take time out to produce marketing material since I am extremely busy with development work. More info will be published as the new version nears completion.

Stay tuned,
Mike
Well, seems that everything I wrote about was right on the money! ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aristoteles D, asintoras
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 2 days ago #19039

I think that if Mike gave more teasers or posted on here about development status then perhaps people would feel like things are happening and I would imagine that would help curb peoples curiosity and give them some form of satisfaction. Throwing your customers a bone is a much appreciated gesture. It would be nice to see a screenshot or video every now and again. I have not seen much about the development status. Perhaps little teasers is what people would appreciate. I know I would :)
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by Dallon426.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 2 days ago #19044

Dallon426 wrote:

I think that if Mike gave more teasers or posted on here about development status then perhaps people would feel like things are happening and I would imagine that would help curb peoples curiosity and give them some form of satisfaction. Throwing your customers a bone is a much appreciated gesture. It would be nice to see a screenshot or video every now and again. I have not seen much about the development status. Perhaps little teasers is what people would appreciate. I know I would :)

I hear what you're saying, but in the past such posts have built anticipation and expectations of a release. Scuffham operates a bit differently than most companies -- Mike doesn't advertise much, committing his energies to development more so than sizzle. So we'll just have to wait.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 1 day ago #19049

Dallon426 wrote:

See Slate Digital for details about how well that goes lol. Steven Slate himself said Slate Drums 5 was "coming soon!" at the end of 2017 and even posted a demo video of it in January. Here it is almost 2019 and it's still not out and of course the Internet was not pleased. This isn't a dig against them, just an observation. I like the current version of S-Gear so I'm not too worried about when the next one comes out. When I see Mike post a date, then I'll start to get excited!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 5 hours ago #19055

Slate is a good example. Updates to FG-X were announced as 'nearly finished' *years* ago, with a slew of announcements along the way stating that it's close, and that turned many people off of the company.

This is becoming popular amongst younger audio companies: creating buzz too quickly. It typically ends with angst and pre-orders being returned, never to be repurchased, and people jump online to voice their unhappiness. A quick look at Gearslutz will show a dozen or more such threads currently in discussion. Seasoned developers learn to be cognizant of promises, understanding that real-world schedules are tougher to satisfy than estimates.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 2 hours ago #19056

I would agree with these comments. But I believe Mike said sometime last spring the update was near. Is that correct? If so then.......
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 1 hour ago #19057

.......then he probably won’t ever give an update on this forum again, he will be like Steinberg or Avid or Apple and not mention any updates or new products until they are released. And then he will be accused of not caring about his customers. Catch-22.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 52 minutes ago #19058

qlne wrote:

.......then he probably won’t ever give an update on this forum again, he will be like Steinberg or Avid or Apple and not mention any updates or new products until they are released. And then he will be accused of not caring about his customers. Catch-22.

There's a big difference between updating a relatively small community forum such as this vs telling the whole world via YouTube like the aforementioned companies. I think it's safe to put out status updates on here once in a while :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: erik, Dallon426
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 1 week 5 days ago #19065

I would be interested in knowing if a newer version of S-Gear will be capable of running on an iPad Pro?
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 1 week 5 days ago #19067

rose703 wrote:

I would be interested in knowing if a newer version of S-Gear will be capable of running on an iPad Pro?
They've never been any discussed plans of developing for IoS, so I don't think so at this point of time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rose703
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 1 week 4 days ago #19069

rose703 wrote:

i would be happy if it would run on mac and windows, as things are.
  • Aristoteles D
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 1 week 2 days ago #19076

Ranger patrolling outer periphery of foggy marshes
Where spectre vapour mists roam
Through midnight darkness
Yes, heart of darkness, on starless night
Distant, steady, low drumbeat felt
"Boom boom-boom boom!"
Ranger silently pauses, places bow on marshy reeds
Presses ear to ground
"Boom-boom boom"!
Allied signal is deciphered
Tactical message in ancient code
"Cyber Monday, Cyber Monday"
Ranger calls to comrades
In guise of spotted owl
"Hoot, hoot, hoot"
Positions taken, weapons ready!
Last edit: 1 week 2 days ago by erik.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 9 hours 18 minutes ago #19101

Thanks, Mike. Appreciate the updates and all the hard work. Looking forward to future versions of your most excellent software :thumbs up:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds