TOPIC: S-Gear 2.9 status?

S-Gear 2.9 status? 10 months 1 week ago #18759

I have to agree; it's clear a great deal of care and attention to detail goes in to making S-Gear ...and that's what makes it good!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 10 months 5 days ago #18776

Like other noobs on the forum I have the luxury of enjoying the current S-Gear which is years ahead of it's time. So I echo the words of Buckaroo Bonzai - "Wherever you go, there you are..."

My plan is to dig in to the feast that is today's S-Gear and just make music unitl my mind is blown by 2.9

~Humbuckr
Humbuckr
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 9 months 3 weeks ago #18825

Aeons ago
Elvish hands inscribed the scrolls, and quickly moved away
Night is black
Without a moon
Air is thick and still
Last in line, druidic legions consult the scrolls
Diving ancient wisdom
Is it the angel or the beast?
Features distorted in the flickering light
Sands of time are brushed away
Runes are deciphered, slowly
Incantation "iOS iOS iOS" burns in flame
Scrolls quickly hidden
Druids go about their business
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by erik.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 9 months 3 weeks ago #18834

Hi Mike - Should I reserve some of my Black Friday budget for the next S-Gear release?
  • kirkbowman
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 9 months 3 weeks ago #18835

Being a new user that bought it given the excellent quality, I have no issue waiting. Being a techie myself, I admire the ethical position of delaying until it is as best as conceived.
The following user(s) said Thank You: theminion
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 3 weeks ago #18976

Hi.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what happened to version 2.8?
Seems like we're jumping from 2.7 straight to 2.9, or did I miss an update?
  • yelemusic
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 3 weeks ago #18977

yelemusic wrote:

Hi.
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what happened to version 2.8?
Seems like we're jumping from 2.7 straight to 2.9, or did I miss an update?

Yep, v2.8 is reserved in case we should need to provide maintenance release(s) to anyone who doesn't wish to upgrade to v2.9. There is some logic at work!

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkylineUK
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 3 weeks ago #18981

I am wondering what the costs will be to upgrade? I purchased S-gear in May(ish) if memory serves me correct and before I purchased it, I asked Mike if I should purchase now or wait until the upgrade. He was thinking that he would be releasing it sooner rather than later at the time. If there is an upgrade or update fee, I hope it is a fair and thought out pricing scheme.
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 3 weeks ago #18983

I don’t care what the update costs. I have it budgeted, and I don’t even know what it is!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 3 weeks ago #18986

jamsden wrote:

I don’t care what the update costs. I have it budgeted, and I don’t even know what it is!
Wouldn't you like to know what the 2.9 update actually does? Specially after three years of waiting for the "new and improved" v. 3.0? I, for one, just can't wait for the announcement to appear in my in-box!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aristoteles D
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 3 weeks ago #18989

So he is going to release 2.9 and then 3.0?
What is the story with that?
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 3 weeks ago #18991

My understanding is 2.9 will provide the same amp models in a new framework and enhanced GUI, as well as tweaks under the hood. Possibly some other goodies Mike doesn’t want to reveal at this time.

S-Gear 3.0 would be a true number upgrade, with new amp models and current amp models possibly reworked into the new algorithms, as well as other enhancements.

This is subject to change without notice. Your mileage may vary. See dealer for details.Void where prohibited. Do not fold, staple or mutilate. Perishable. May cause delirium. Don’t drink and drive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rose703
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 3 weeks ago #18992

qlne wrote:

This is subject to change without notice. Your mileage may vary. See dealer for details.Void where prohibited. Do not fold, staple or mutilate. Perishable. May cause delirium. Don’t drink and drive.

LOL! :silly: :silly:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 3 weeks ago #18993

Hmm, I would think that he would just release a 3.0 unless it was going to take a LONG time. Then I understand releasing a 2.9 version to entertain the impatient ones :)
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 3 weeks ago #18994

qlne wrote:

My understanding is 2.9 will provide the same amp models in a new framework and enhanced GUI, as well as tweaks under the hood. Possibly some other goodies Mike doesn’t want to reveal at this time.
If what shown at the last two 2018 guitar shows, the one in Germany and the other in Sweden, can be used as an indicator, then v. 2.9 includes a new paradigm of preset managing, but the framework and everything else is what's used on v. 2.71.

The new framework (I prefer to call it engin) will start with v. 3.0, although if I was Mike I'd call it something completely different altogether, as if it's going to be a completely new product, or even a whole new ecosystem of guitar amp modeling, why keep the old name? Not that the name "S-Gear" ever suggested or implied "guitar amp modeling" from the name, like fx. "Amplitube" does…
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 3 weeks ago #18997

And are they expected to be released at the same time?
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 2 weeks ago #19000

Has any policy been declared, regarding financial incentive, price break, consideration and so on, for owners of 2.xx when 3 comes out? Are 2.xx owners going to be on equal footing with people who have never bought the product? Are we getting incentive?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 2 weeks ago #19004

gdavis wrote:

Has any policy been declared, regarding financial incentive, price break, consideration and so on, for owners of 2.xx when 3 comes out? Are 2.xx owners going to be on equal footing with people who have never bought the product? Are we getting incentive?
Nothing's been set in stone as yet. And I don't think it'll happen before v. 2.90 finally gets released... Whenever that'll be. Only words of advice: Don't hold your breath. 😉
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 2 weeks ago #19005

I am fine with what S Gear offers right now. To be honest I am fine since the beginning. Like any other things in the word some things could be better but in the end I use it the same way I would use amps. Not every amps are the same or are layed out the same but what is important is if it sounds good for you you keep playing it. Only difference is that amps ccost A LOT MORE ;)
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 8 months 2 weeks ago #19024

still no news, it has been months and not even hint about what is going on.
ridiculous.
  • Aristoteles D
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds