TOPIC: S-Gear 2.9 status?

S-Gear 2.9 status? 1 month 2 weeks ago #20143

Mike,
I think the problem stems from your statement:
"My primary commitment is to make sure that S-GEAR is the best I can make it."
If that is your quest, you will never finish or deliver 2.9 because there will always be some more tweaking to make it the best.
I suggest you define specific goals for this version and just release it. Version 3.0 will be another improvement and that is how it works in business.
Obviously, we have a choice to just use current version. But your competition will keep getting closer. It is your gamble and our choice to accept current version performance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NightWalker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 1 month 2 days ago #20195

once in a while i come to see that nothing has happened.
Sad, very sad.
  • Aristoteles D
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 month 2 days ago by Aristoteles D.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 1 month 1 day ago #20197

Yes, it's frustrating. Does anyone know if Scuffham will e-mail registered S-Gear users an announcement when 2.9 is released? If so, I can stop checking this website periodically for any news.
I've been using Helix Native for years. Then I tried S-Gear. I like S-Gear better!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 1 month 1 day ago #20198

soundog wrote:

Yes, it's frustrating. Does anyone know if Scuffham will e-mail registered S-Gear users an announcement when 2.9 is released? If so, I can stop checking this website periodically for any news.
In this computer I've found mailings announcing v. 2.4 and v. 2.6. I'm sure they've been others earlier, but I can't check as my old computer is in storage.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 1 month 1 day ago #20199

soundog wrote:

Yes. We will send v2.9 information and details of the upgrade process to all customers prior to the release.

Cheers,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques, orda3000, qlne, mikmock, Restieaux, soundog
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 1 month 10 hours ago #20204

soon? :)
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 4 weeks 1 day ago #20209

Dallon426 wrote:

soon? :)
I'm sure Mike will release it the minute after it's finished. ;)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 5 days ago #20256

I`m amazed how well this got delayed. Literally for years and people still have nerves to wait. I check every half years or something similar and it keep staying as it is,I gave up on waiting and excpecting it will not be released in this decade since it will end in few months.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hoss
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 5 days ago #20258

Studiostriver wrote:

I`m amazed how well this got delayed. Literally for years and people still have nerves to wait. I check every half years or something similar and it keep staying as it is,I gave up on waiting and excpecting it will not be released in this decade since it will end in few months.
Well, the source of disappointment is that you have expectations, and those they haven't been met.

No expectations, no disappointment. Easy peasy! :P :silly: :evil: :cunning:

PS: I'm being purposely facetious...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver
Last edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 4 days ago #20262

Yeah,I shouldnt except any update in next 5-10 years so I would not get dissapointed from software I fell love. You are right about that.
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 4 days ago #20263

Studiostriver wrote:

Yeah,I shouldnt except any update in next 5-10 years so I would not get dissapointed from software I fell love. You are right about that.
Of course I am! See, I haven't got any upgrades to my '65 Twin Reverb since... well, 1965, and you don't see me complaining about it...

More facetiousness... ;) :P :evil: :cunning:
Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 4 days ago #20264

Well, I suppose if you don't think software updates aren't necessary, you'd be happy to still be running 16-bit Windows 1.0? (And I'm not being facetious.)
I've been using Helix Native for years. Then I tried S-Gear. I like S-Gear better!
Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by soundog.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 3 days ago #20265

soundog wrote:

Well, I suppose if you don't think software updates aren't necessary, you'd be happy to still be running 16-bit Windows 1.0? (And I'm not being facetious.)
I currently use Cakewalk 3.01 in a Win 98 laptop. That specific version of Cakewalk (MIDI only) doesn't work in any other newer Win version. Am I crying all over the Internet about it? No, I just use it in the way it was designed to be used. And it just works. Just like S-Gear in the actual version. In the situations where I need other things S-Gear doesn't offer, I just use something else. In my case, the FREE version of Amplitube 4 offers everything I need and then some.

How do you call ten modeling guitar players in a basement?
A "Whine" cellar. *rimshot*
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 3 days ago #20267

Did you ever heard any software company anywhere make announcement for years on something that would possibly be out years ago?
Its about be serious with customers.

If you use win98 laptop you cant expect anything to do on such a computer.

I personally recording almost every day,doing production and my 9 years old i73.64gz with 16gb RAM barely keeping up on heavy tracks and reasampling various sample libraries and amp sims.

If you do not have such a needs and do not wish to update,do not expect from all other to not have it. And I do not see anything resambles to whining here.We all have different needs and I respect that.

We talk and exchange our thoughts.
Good night,since here is very late.
Regards.
  • Studiostriver
  • Tone Master
None existing
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Studiostriver.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 3 days ago #20268

Studiostriver wrote:

Did you ever heard any software company anywhere make announcement for years on something that would possibly be out years ago?

Apparently you've never heard of Duke Nukem Forever
  • Magic Russ
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 3 days ago #20269

I hadn't, so looked it up. This is from one online retelling:

"Duke Nukem 3D became one of the top-selling videogames ever, making its creators very wealthy and leaving fans absolutely delirious for a sequel. The team quickly began work on that sequel, Duke Nukem Forever, and it became one of the most hotly anticipated games of all time.

It was never completed. Screenshots and video snippets would leak out every few years, each time whipping fans into a lather — and each time, the game would recede from view. Normally, videogames take two to four years to build; five years is considered worryingly long. But the Duke Nukem Forever team worked for 12 years straight. As one patient fan pointed out, when development on Duke Nukem Forever started, most computers were still using Windows 95, Pixar had made only one movie — Toy Story — and Xbox did not yet exist.

On May 6, 2009, everything ended. Drained of funds after so many years of work, the game's developer, 3D Realms, told its employees to collect their stuff and put it in boxes. The next week, the company was sued for millions by its publisher for failing to finish the sequel."

What a sad saga....
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 2 days ago #20270

That's not where it ends.

It was finally released in 2011 and was a critical and commercial failure.
  • Magic Russ
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 2 days ago #20271

I think everybody made their comments on the release of an update or new version.

On one hand many say it is the best software they have and on the other end they complain about the lack of update.

Some people keep their car 12 years others need to change every 18 months. That's life.

No business owner will delay an important update just for the fun of it. If Mike is not ready he is not ready. The market and the needs of the users change so fast these days that a small company can't keep up.

One thing is very clear for me. He can't compete with large companies that own 85% of the market.

S Gear is a great product and probably the best amp modeler available right now. For sure you can listen to demos and they all sound good. S Gear has something the others don't have. Amps that respond better to your playing and articulation.

Now that we know the upgrade is not for tomorrow morning can we just enjoy what we have and talk about the current product and what we do with it?

We are all free to use something else if we are not happy . We can also use S Gear with other software. This is what I do and most of the time if I use othe softwares for effects that S Gear has I find myself coming back to S Gear making a preset with S Gear effects to replace the other softwares. Every part of S Gear is top quality. It was from the beginning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CuChulainn, orda3000, cojoguitar, ryentzer
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 2 days ago #20272

This seems to be a civil discussion. I think most of the complaints are based on disappointed because expectations for V2.9 were set last year at Winter NAMM, where the release was announced for spring of 2019. That was later updated to "early summer." Of course, we're now heading into fall..and the grumbling grows louder.

I love S-Gear and am in tone heaven with the plug-in, but I'm also more than ready for improvements, such as a higher-dpi and resizable UI. Any new amp, cabinet, or FX additions will be icing on the cake!

p.s. its not just Scuffham that receives this kind of nagging. Its normal forum behavior. Over on the Line 6 forum, mobs of customers had their torches and pitchforks out because the V1.8 update kept slipping and slipping. When it finally came out, everybody immediately moved on to normal usage discussions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cojoguitar, mingury
Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by soundog.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 weeks 2 days ago #20273

You are right about other forums. With the internet and fierce competition most companies have to announce their new versions earlier than the other competitors.

We all want instant gratification.

I am 64 now and I can tell you that young just having one guitar and a small amp we were happy.:-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: orda3000, mr-es335, cojoguitar
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds