TOPIC: S-Gear 2.9 status?

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 3 weeks ago #19959

I was offered a '57 Bassman the other day for less than a hundred bones.
OK , it sounded absolutely majestic, but I had to turn it down.
I mean .. Jeez ..it hadn't had an update since 1957. :IKR?! :rolleyes:
How the hell can I make music with that?!, and Hey! Damn you Fender.
Someone is gonna get robbed there ..phew , not me ..

;)
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by telepath.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 3 weeks ago #19960

telepath wrote:

;)

May I ask, where are they offering amps at 1/50th of their value?

reverb.com/item/14128211-1957-fender-bas...d-condition-serviced

And look at this one:

reverb.com/item/17333767-fender-bassman-5f6-a-1959
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by elambo.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 3 weeks ago #19961

I am pretty sure he was Joking....
The following user(s) said Thank You: telepath
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 3 weeks ago #19962

fatherjacques wrote:

I am pretty sure he was Joking....

I know -- I was illustrating, as he was, that, for ~$100, you get an awful lot as compared to vintage amps, and new things, too, when the time is right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 2 weeks ago #19967

:blink:
Oh come on! - it was very clearly a joke in the direction of the moaners !
Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by telepath. Reason: splellng
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 2 weeks ago #19979

telepath wrote:

;)
telepath wrote:

:blink:
Oh come on! - it was very clearly a joke in the direction of the moaners !

It's just not a good analogy, though...

Noone is saying the product isn't a great value for the money or that it's not worth $100 USD, in fact it's one of the best bangs for your buck in the native realm that I know of.

It's just not particularly encouraging to have news of forthcoming updates, and then have the developer go silent for over a year on the topic. :ohmy:

This situation is more akin to what it would be like if Fender went for 7 years ( when SG 2.0 was released... hard to believe, isn't it?) without releasing a new product, and to be fair, in software terms that's basically a mini ice-age.
  • LorenzoGamble
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by LorenzoGamble.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 2 weeks ago #19980

LorenzoGamble wrote:

This situation is more akin to what it would be like if Fender went for 7 years ( when SG 2.0 was released... hard to believe, isn't it?) without releasing a new product, and to be fair, in software terms that's basically a mini ice-age.

But we're discussing an update to an existing product, not a new product. Fender didn't release enhancements to the guitars and amps we purchased. That's the point being made: what you bought is just as effective, and delivers upon its promises, today as it was on Day One. These are tools, but they are not music. We use these tools to create "new" things.

The argument about mentioning an update and not yet releasing that update is another issue entirely, and I understand it completely. Developers are put in a tough spot if they try to please everybody. They sense pressure to offer some information about developments in-the-works, so they might do so, as a PSA, but then they're too often held to the fire until that is released. This is why some companies don't ever mention their work until it's finished. If I were Mike, that's the path I'd favor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques, telepath, qlne, ToH2002
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 2 weeks ago #19991

Aristoteles D wrote:

All you you have to do is to check News&Info, what is happening there?
let's see
Last post 6 months 3 weeks ago
Dark nights sale 2018

next post 9 months ago
Guitar summit in Germany

and then others and then

S-Gear development status
last post 1 year 1 month ago, and topic closed.

Hmmmmm. If you really did your research carefully, you would have found this in the News:

"WHAT TO EXPECT IN 2018/2019
(updated May 2019)
S-GEAR v2.9 will be released in early summer 2019, including the improvements and re-work described above. S-GEAR v2.9 will be a free update to anyone who purchased (or purchases) S-GEAR in the 12 months preceeding the v2.9 release. For other existing customers there will be a small upgrade fee (to be announced).
- Mike Scuffham"

I think that makes the last post only about a month ago, eh? And summer just started according to my prosthesis.
I've been using Helix Native for years. Then I tried S-Gear. I like S-Gear better!
Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by soundog.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 2 weeks ago #19992

soundog wrote:

Aristoteles D wrote:

All you you have to do is to check News&Info, what is happening there?
let's see
Last post 6 months 3 weeks ago
Dark nights sale 2018

next post 9 months ago
Guitar summit in Germany

and then others and then

S-Gear development status
last post 1 year 1 month ago, and topic closed.

Hmmmmm. If you really did your research carefully, you would have found this in the News:

(updated May 2019)
S-GEAR v2.9 will be released in early summer 2019, including the improvements and re-work described above. S-GEAR v2.9 will be a free update to anyone who purchased (or purchases) S-GEAR in the 12 months preceeding the v2.9 release. For other existing customers there will be a small upgrade fee (to be announced).
- Mike Scuffham"

I think that makes the last post only about a month ago, eh? And summer just started according to my prosthesis.

Having to search through posts in a forum is less than an optimal way to give your customers a status update - especially when the News & Info has not been updated in a long time.
  • richpjr
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 2 weeks ago #19994

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've been using Helix Native for years. Then I tried S-Gear. I like S-Gear better!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 2 weeks ago #19995

Good news is, Mike responded. Now let us put it to rest :)
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 3 months 10 hours ago #20062

soundog wrote:

(updated May 2019)
S-GEAR v2.9 will be released in early summer 2019

Hmmh. today is 14.7.2019
ahaa, white nights sale ends today.
  • Aristoteles D
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 3 months 10 hours ago by Aristoteles D.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 months 4 weeks ago #20066

kierank wrote:

Thank you Mike. The news of your progress is always appreciated.
mike wrote:

...also deploying the modelling to new and exciting platforms (including ARM and SHARC DSP).

I'm hoping for a UAD plug version...... This would be great to record with near zero latency on the way in with some very nice front end compression under the S-gear banner. I'm sure I'm not the only one wish listing this one.

While my needs are modest and will not likely extend beyond the plugin, I can't deny being very excited about any prototypes you've built which one day may become an S-Gear rack or floorboard unit!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 months 4 weeks ago #20067

Yeah.. I had the Scuffham amps as a part of my pay monthly slate digital account. Now i have nothing because these amps are no longer included..I have tons of work made on the Scuffham Amps also.
I wanted to buy the Scuffham Amps and saw the Sale had ended and price had gone back up. Guess i won't be buying it now..:frustrated:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 months 4 weeks ago #20068

Just buy it...... Support the developer and get your projects back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cojoguitar
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 months 4 weeks ago #20069

Dallon426 wrote:

Just buy it...... Support the developer and get your projects back.
Agreed!
it's a good value at regular price. If it is holding up your work, what's $29? Besides, you get the forthcoming update for free. Plus, iIRC, regular price purchasers get 15% off the at-home chore service (excluding the garage cleaning - don't quote me on that part)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dallon426
  • PatriotsBiker
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 months 3 weeks ago #20070

Parbery wrote:

Yeah.. I had the Scuffham amps as a part of my pay monthly slate digital account. Now i have nothing because these amps are no longer included..I have tons of work made on the Scuffham Amps also.
I wanted to buy the Scuffham Amps and saw the Sale had ended and price had gone back up. Guess i won't be buying it now..:frustrated:

I don't follow Slate very closely so I don't know how they operate their product bundles -- you're saying that S-Gear has been removed from their product/subscription line and you can no longer use S-Gear in any capacity? I don't know that I've ever seen that before where a partnership is dissolved (if that is what has happened) and the customer is left with a slew of sessions which can no longer be opened. What am I missing here?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 months 3 weeks ago #20071

elambo wrote:

I don't follow Slate very closely so I don't know how they operate their product bundles -- you're saying that S-Gear has been removed from their product/subscription line and you can no longer use S-Gear in any capacity? I don't know that I've ever seen that before where a partnership is dissolved (if that is what has happened) and the customer is left with a slew of sessions which can no longer be opened. What am I missing here?

slatedigital.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articl...018781833-S-Gear-FAQ

Is S-Gear included in my All Access Pass subscription?
If you signed up for the All Access Pass (formerly known as the Everything Bundle) prior to February 5th, 2018, S-Gear is included with your All Access Pass license. If you signed up for the All Access Pass after February 5th, S-Gear is not included.

How long will I have access to S-Gear?
S-Gear will be removed for all users on October 31st, 2019.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 months 2 weeks ago #20121

today is 28 of july, can we say now "S-GEAR v2.9 will be released in early summer 2019" was misinformation?
  • Aristoteles D
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Aristoteles D.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 2 months 2 weeks ago #20122

Early Summer in the Southern hemisphere - so.......December :]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Studiostriver
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds