TOPIC: S-Gear 2.9 status?

S-Gear 2.9 status? 1 week 2 days ago #19851

I was asking for better MIDI implementation over three years ago, along with complaining about not being able to see things unless you are right on top of it. Anyhow, I went back and read my emails, and I was acting as if I thought it would be a matter of months. I never imagined this, so naive was I.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 6 days 12 hours ago #19856

jamsden wrote:

But what I really want is S-Gear blocks in Helix. Make a deal with Line6 and make it happen!

That would be sweet, indeed! :thumbs up:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 6 days 11 hours ago #19857

Thinking about something I (may have) said earlier, Peavey Revalver 4 has a VST loader. You could load S-Gear in the middle of the chain, not use a Peavey amp or cab, and just use the effects before and after S-Gear. I've got Revalver 4, so I'll try it when I get over this damn flu (the proper one, not man-flu). I can't even pick a guitar up at the moment :(
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-Gear 2.9 status? 1 day 5 hours ago #19873

KahunaNui wrote:

Thinking about something I (may have) said earlier, Peavey Revalver 4 has a VST loader. You could load S-Gear in the middle of the chain, not use a Peavey amp or cab, and just use the effects before and after S-Gear. I've got Revalver 4, so I'll try it when I get over this damn flu (the proper one, not man-flu). I can't even pick a guitar up at the moment :(

Worth a try, though I suspect it will have slightly different results. Technically speaking, rack effects are placed between the pre-amp and power-amp sections of an amp. So, what gets fed into rack units is the preamp signal. But if you drop S-Gear into ReValver (presumably in the amp stage), S-Gear will spit out the final product (preamp, poweramp, and cabinet). This means, presumably, that any rack effects will be applied to that finished signal. Not sure if you'll necessarily like how a flange or delay sounds when applied to the finished sound vis-a-vis the preamp sound.

You could definitely use the front-end stomp boxes though.
Last edit: 1 day 5 hours ago by ElKabong.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds