• Page:

TOPIC: Vst pedals any good?

Vst pedals any good? 1 week 14 hours ago #18287

Ah, someone else tried the JBL K120 IR's. Great mixed with other guitar speakers for a deep tight punch, bell tone presence and high end sizzle, ay? I also got the the Dual Showman D130f cab IR's. Not just for surf rock, Hendrix and Trower used them. Nice Jazz speaker with a more rolled off high end than the K120.
  • GCKelloch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Tone Master
Last Edit: 1 week 14 hours ago by GCKelloch.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Vst pedals any good? 1 week 8 hours ago #18288

jamsden wrote:
I have stopped using BIAS FX or BIAS Amp, the tones are really lacking compared to other options, especially in the effects. Nice UI, nice features, nice ideas, but I don't feel the tone is there. For example, check out the BIAS FX UniVibe then compare it to Helix Native. I find the BIAS FX model unusable.

+1

lots of hype, marketing and a (sometimes) fancy UI, and I own FX, Amp and Distortion!, all of them V 1.x, I didn´t upgrade to v 2.0 though, it seemes the same overall product quality.
MonkeyGoesNowhere wrote:
Mercuriall ones - Tubes Creamer (based on Ibanez® TS-808 both normal and modded) and Greed Smasher (Mesa/Boogie® Grid Slammer) are free and really good quality. I am using both before S-Gear in Reaper and with input gain around 2-2,2 (for single coils). They are working perfectly so really worth to check.

+1 also :)

Mercuriall are releasing superb products, they lack consistency of features among releases but tone and feel wise are just incredible IMHO.

Also Kazrog has some drives in his suite, I bought it last week but didn´t have time to check, apparently they feature even a Klon Centaur alike plugin...
  • mohi
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Vst pedals any good? 1 week 8 hours ago #18289

GCKelloch wrote:
Ah, someone else tried the JBL K120 IR's. Great mixed with other guitar speakers for a deep tight punch, bell tone presence and high end sizzle, ay? I also got the the Dual Showman D130f cab IR's. Not just for surf rock, Hendrix and Trower used them. Nice Jazz speaker with a more rolled off high end than the K120.

Hey GCKelloch - you have tempted me to try them - please can you give us a link to those IRs? I've poked around Ownhammer and Redwirez sites and would like to buy the exact ones you are talking about.
  • revsorg
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Vst pedals any good? 6 days 12 hours ago #18293

I don't want to go too far off topic, but here's the page: www.redwirez.com/bigbox.jsp
Not sure which you want, but about half way down the page is the 55Hz cone G12H30 speaker types Hendrix used along with his JBL D130F Dual Showman cabs on stage:
"'68 Marshall Basketweave • Vintage G12H30s • Cabinet IR Library"

Further down the page is:
"Marshall 1960 4x12 • JBL K120s • Cabinet IR Library"

Just below that is:
"Fender Dual Showman • JBL D130s • Cabinet IR Library"

Since they recorded powered by a SS amp, setting the Cab "Z" from 40~50 is recommended for the most realistic tube amp tone.
  • GCKelloch
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Tone Master
Last Edit: 6 days 12 hours ago by GCKelloch.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds