TOPIC: My little "hand controller"

My little "hand controller" 2 weeks 15 hours ago #16161

Hey Guys,
Sorry for starting a new topic. I know that there was one where someone shared his great foot controller live setup, but i could not find it.

This is just a quicky:
I bought a Novation Launch Control and created kind of a template out of some plastic + put a "color coded" paper under that.
I love it so much. Although I created the template almost only for amp controls, since there are empty template slots on the launch control itself, I can easily map the knobs and buttons to control all the FX and anything else in S-Gear. But the is just the way I use it right now.
20170706_125743.jpg

20170706_131308.jpg
  • tanarur
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike, NightWalker, Chan, ryentzer, jdstrat

My little "hand controller" 2 weeks 6 hours ago #16163

Great idea! With that and a small foot controller to change presets you have a great way to control it and use it live.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

My little "hand controller" 2 weeks 1 hour ago #16164

I do more or less the same with the launch control. Inexpensive cntroller :rock out: :thumbs up:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

My little "hand controller" 1 week 5 days ago #16166

I do basically the same thing with a KORG NanoKontrol 2.

But yours is better cause of the big chunky knobs lol, more like the pots on a real amp than my trifling Nanokey :blush:

Kind of a funny thing, it works, but it's so incredibly lightweight that heavy use would send it flying all over the desk when I tried to turn the knobs or push the faders with one hand

So to remedy this I ended up using some absurdly strong velcro-type adhesive locking strips to "nail" it to my midi keyboard. Now it doesn't budge even with the most exuberant of fader rides :lol:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

My little "hand controller" 1 week 4 days ago #16180

You jsut reminded me of an awesome video I found on YT some time ago. A guy shows how to make a foot controller out of a Korg Nano. He uses it basically as the brain for the foot controller. Amazing stuff.
  • tanarur
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

My little "hand controller" 1 week 2 days ago #16201

I use that same unit and it works great. Also a little Logidy 3 button foot control (their Mac app is absurdly outdated but still can be used).

I set it up to where it looks logical to me as far as what controls what, and use the top row of knobs for amp A and the lower row for Amp B. And set the pads for preset up/down, Amp A/B, DL tap tempo, tuning, etc. (edit: I use separate controls for Amp A and B because if you share them, it can get real messy when you switch).

I also use the LC XL which has the larger footprint but more of everything plus faders too, but that small unit is fine really.

I mostly use S-Gear and the Novation boxes for solo gigs along with my MacBook Pro FWIW.
  • gdavis
  • Tone Star
Last Edit: 1 week 2 days ago by gdavis.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
The following user(s) said Thank You: ryentzer

My little "hand controller" 1 week 2 days ago #16203

This is great! Thanks for the inspiration.
  • jdstrat
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

My little "hand controller" 3 days 12 hours ago #16227

Nice kit!

Hardware controllers do make S-Gear feel more like an amp. I use an NI S-88 keyboard, which has assignable knobs, with LED strips that can be renamed "gain" etc. and it's surprising how much it brings you into the software.
  • elambo
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds