TOPIC: Recording bass guitar

Recording bass guitar 2 weeks 6 days ago #16120

New user, any recommendations for recording bass guitar (amps & cabs or presets)?
Thx
  • bosko
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Recording bass guitar 2 weeks 5 days ago #16126

Wayfarer direct, or through a bass cabinet IR can work pretty good. At the other end of the spectrum is the tseaudio.com BOD model of a Tech21 SansAmp is surprisingly good. But the best is probably Cerberus bass amp: www.kuassa.com/products/cerberus-bass-amplifikation/.

Hopefully S-Gear 3.0 will have a bass amp.
  • jamsden
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Recording bass guitar 2 weeks 5 days ago #16127

I'll check it out, thx
  • bosko
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Recording bass guitar 2 weeks 5 days ago #16130

The way most studios do it:

A decent quality DI box straight into the console (interface), compression and EQ to taste... viola... fantastic bass tone that sits great in the mix. Make sure your strings are fresh!

Personally, I hope Mike and the team focus on more guitar amp sims, effects loop, etc before spending time on a bass amp sim.
  • MakerDP
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Recording bass guitar 2 weeks 5 days ago #16138

jamsden wrote:
Wayfarer direct, or through a bass cabinet IR can work pretty good. At the other end of the spectrum is the tseaudio.com BOD model of a Tech21 SansAmp is surprisingly good. But the best is probably Cerberus bass amp: www.kuassa.com/products/cerberus-bass-amplifikation/.

Hopefully S-Gear 3.0 will have a bass amp.

My personal option is Plugin Alliance's bx_bassdude, as Cerberus doesn't do very well when pushed on the dirty side (I don't personally like the character of its drive channel).

+1 in S-Gear including a bass amp
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Recording bass guitar 6 days 5 hours ago #16221

Hopefully S-Gear 3 will happen :unsure:

My money is ready to hurl at Mike if and when this occurs, and frankly it is burning a hole in my pocket
Last Edit: 6 days 4 hours ago by LorenzoGamble.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds