TOPIC: Studio One V2 installation issues

Studio One V2 installation issues 4 years 11 months ago #10870

Hi all,
I can't get Studio one to see S-Gear at all. I've contacted support and tried their recommendations but no dice. S1 does not see the Scuffham folder no matter where I put it. I've tried in both the 32 and 64 bit folders and failed. I've pointed my Daw to every single folder that I've installed it in and nothing. The standalone works fine but no plugin. Are their any S1 users out there with any tips? I'm using the iLOK 15 day demo install just for clarification. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks
  • Strumlord
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Studio One V2 installation issues 4 years 11 months ago #10871

I'm sorry to hear that. In my experience, Mike is relentless when it comes to tech support and he's impressively savvy with all DAWs. What advice has been offered, what have you tried, and where did you leave it with Scuffham? We'll try to help but a bit more background could be beneficial.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Studio One V2 installation issues 4 years 11 months ago #10874

Hi Elambo,

Mike is the guy who's working with me and I have to say that i'm really impressed right off the bat with him and Scuffham. I put in a support ticket late yesterday and did not expect to hear from anyone until Monday. But I got a reply back last night already. I thought that was pretty awesome. Unfortunately, It didn't get me up and running. Here is information on my system and my problem. I'm running Win 7 64 bit and my DAW is Studio One V 2.65. I have two VST folders that I normally install to and Studio One points to both folders and my plugins launch without issue. I have an iLok 2 as well. I chose to install the iLok demo version from Scuffham. The first time I attempted to install I unchecked the option for the plugin thinking that I would get a 64 bit option on the next screen. But I did not. So I went ahead with the install. The stand alone app installed and I ran it to get it registered in the iLok manager. I fired up S1 and the plugin was not showing. But I didn't expect it to since I unchecked the plugin box when installing. I went back to the site to look for a 64bit version and found instructions to install the 32bit version in my 32bit folder (just the way the installer was set up to do in the first place). I then uninstalled the stand alone app and started from scratch installing it just as it was set up to. I fired up S1 again, pointed the DAW to the folder where the installer placed it, exited out, went back in and the plugin was not seen by S1. I then uninstalled it and reinstalled it this time placing the VST in my normal VST directory. Again... fail. I washed, rinsed and repeated installing to three different directories and never got S1 to see the plugin. I even tried copying the DLL file to different folders each time pointing my DAW to it with no success. The stand alone app works fine, but I can't get S1 to see the plugin no matter what I try. I hit support up again and I'm sure I will hear from Mike. But I thought I'd post here in case any S1 users ran into this problem and could offer some insight. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,
Greg
  • Strumlord
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Studio One V2 installation issues 4 years 11 months ago #10875

Good morning,

I use S1 exclusively and have encountered the same problem once long-ago with another plugin before I organized my VST installations properly. I'll be glad to walk you through the the two choices you have (both the below assume Win installations) starting with the easiest:

Choice 1) Uninstall S-Gear and reinstall, taking great care to set your VST directory during the installation process to the location of your other VST's (x86 and/or x64). ***Prerequisite: Remember that S1 32 bit install can only use x86 VST's, and S1 64 bit install can only use x64 VST's. You're done.

Choice 2) Simply add the current S-Gear installation directory within S1's VST Locations directory scan like this: Open S1, at top menu select "Studio One", "Options", then inside Options select "Locations" and subset select "VST Locations". Click on "Add" then select the folder where your current S-Gear .dll is located on your drive (internal or external doesn't matter). You're done.

Note that with Choice 2 above you don't have to set locations for any subfolders since S1 will scan the directory you add plus all subdirectories under that folder. Also, if you don't know exactly where S-Gear installed the VST, then search for "S-Gear2*.dll" within your HDD to help you isolate the location if needed.

Hope the above gets you going.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Studio One V2 installation issues 4 years 11 months ago #10876

Start Studio One and create a new empty file.

Go to S1's browser, look down, you'll find Home, Instruments, Effects and others.

Click on Effects. choose Sort by Folder.

There it is!

You drag the S-Gear folder and drop it anywhere, and it opens.

HTH,
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Studio One V2 installation issues 4 years 11 months ago #10881

Thanks Everyone,
I've got it installed and running in S1 now.
  • Strumlord
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Studio One V2 installation issues 4 years 11 months ago #10883

Strumlord wrote:

Thanks Everyone,
I've got it installed and running in S1 now.

For the sake of future inquiries, which steps solved the problem for you?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Studio One V2 installation issues 4 years 11 months ago #10889

It was just me being a dummy. I thought the first installer screen with the directory choice was for the stand alone part of the plugin when in fact it was the 64 bit VST. I kept looking for a choice to install the 64 bit version in the next screen where the 32 bit option was and kept pointing my DAW to that. I just wanted to see 64 bit on the screen installer and thought it wasn't there because it's not listed. But it was there the whole time. Most installers typically have an option box for 64 bit to check or uncheck but this one does not. Totally threw me off. If there was a bonehead emoticon I'd place it here!

:??: :blush:
  • Strumlord
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Studio One V2 installation issues 4 years 11 months ago #10903

I'm a S1 user and I'm thinking about Purchasing this amp simulator it sounds good but if it's not compatible with S1 then I'll just have to keep looking let me know how it works out for you
  • Darkchild1
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Studio One V2 installation issues 4 years 11 months ago #10904

Darkchild1 wrote:

I'm a S1 user and I'm thinking about Purchasing this amp simulator it sounds good but if it's not compatible with S1 then I'll just have to keep looking let me know how it works out for you

Please read the post directly above yours which is from the OP.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Studio One V2 installation issues 4 years 11 months ago #10906

Darkchild1 wrote:

I am an Studio One user too, and S-Gear works flawlessly.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Studio One V2 installation issues 4 months 1 week ago #20739

Choice 2 worked for me.
Thanks for the very useful info.
Cheers John.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds