TOPIC: Quantum compressor?

Quantum compressor? 1 month 1 week ago #23951

Hope I haven't misapplied an overused trope, but I noticed some people asking for a compressor to run b4 S-Gear and I thought of the free AirWindows "Pressure5" plugin. It has two parameters that gradually increase the compression ratio and transient squish dynamically. What I mean is Mewiness affects the "viscosity" of the compression, like how a cornstarch mixture reacts to the velocity of pressure. It's also the way a transformer core saturates to give a tube amp a spongy feel. Speed affects how quickly it responds to velocity, and PawClaw affects how much of the transient is limited. PawClaw essentially makes parallel compression obsolete, but you can still get that effect because it also has a dry/wet mix. Finally, there's a clipping algorithm on the output for a fat boost, if desired. I also like that it's not too complicated for the flexibility it offers. It's one of those compressors for those that don't like compression. Take a gander and see what you think: www.airwindows.com/pressure5/
The following user(s) said Thank You: humbuckr, hugenoob
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone King
System Specs:
MB: ASRock H470M-HDV/M.2
M2 SSD Card: 256GB
CPU: Intel i3-10100F
RAM: 16GB DDR4-2666
GPU: Nvidia Gforce GT 1030
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by GCKelloch.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Quantum compressor? 1 month 2 days ago #24014

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I like it a lot.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Quantum compressor? 1 month 2 days ago #24015

Yeah, I'm still experimenting to get the most natural guitar sound. I've used other compressors with Mu (dynamic ratio) and response speed, but the PawClaw is great for taming the attack to taste without changing the general compression.
  • GCKelloch
  • Tone King
System Specs:
MB: ASRock H470M-HDV/M.2
M2 SSD Card: 256GB
CPU: Intel i3-10100F
RAM: 16GB DDR4-2666
GPU: Nvidia Gforce GT 1030
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds