TOPIC: Good sounding amps

Good sounding amps 1 month 1 week ago #21960

Hi, I am curious what some of your favorite amps are under the 700€ used range. All types welcome. Pedals such as strymon idium, combos, heads, etc.
I've always been a fan of Quilter, I used to have an Aviator and it was incredible.
Thoughts and opinions welcome 👍
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Good sounding amps 1 month 1 week ago #21961

I have an Iridium and it's impressive.

Is there any particular type of sound you're after?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Good sounding amps 1 month 4 days ago #21969

I'm torn between the interblock 45 and iridium. Price on the interblock is pretty good. However, I do like that strymon included multiple cabs and reverb. Plus you can add your own. Pretty sweet. But those are the two I've been thinking of.

Sound... I like a good clean sound, jazz, fingerstyle indie, etc. I'm not a rocker.
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by Dallon426.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Good sounding amps 1 month 4 days ago #21971

At some point I'd like to try something like the Egnater Tweaker 15 into a reactive load. The Egnater looks like a great flexible option.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by kierank.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Good sounding amps 1 month 3 days ago #21974

I don't know the Teaker but I wonder if it uses the analog modeling which Egnater was known for in the 2000's. His modules were quite good at emulating their intended sources. He made a rack (M4, perhaps?) with four open slots, and he offered quite a few modules, simulating popular amps using only analog components. You populated the rack with whichever 4 modules you wanted at any given time. I have one somewhere (as well as the Randall counterpart), and about 5 modules, but have become more comfortable with digital sims for various reasons. Still, Egnaters sound quite good.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds