TOPIC: MIKKO Cab Simulator

MIKKO Cab Simulator 1 month 3 weeks ago #20106

Anyone tried/bought this?

The creator (ML Sound Labs) makes a lot of IR/cab packs for Fractal and other platforms and seems to be well respected/reviewed.

This plugin is great - both interface and tones. The free demo allows you to try the Mesa cab, and although it's not a cab I've ever bought IRs for, I'm won over. I understand that under the hood are thousands of IR's, and so the interface is the logical way to select them. I read there is a bit of 'magic' to fill in the gaps, but because there were so many IRs captured then there were very few gaps.

I think at the very least it will teach me a bit more about mics and mic placement!

• kierank
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by kierank.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

MIKKO Cab Simulator 1 month 3 weeks ago #20114

Nothing against this - but try Torpedo Wall of Sound also. It's a lot cheaper, and so are the additional cabs.
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

MIKKO Cab Simulator 1 month 3 weeks ago #20116

Thanks John. I hadn't tried WOS before so gave it a go. I went straight for the store to demo the Celestion cabs. But I struggled finding one I liked. Bit boxy and muffled to my ears.

Did you demo the Mikko? I found the best starting point was to use the one factory preset you can access in the demo (Mega 412 New), which adds all 6 mics, and then right click to mute/unmute some to quickly demo different combos of 2-3 mics.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

MIKKO Cab Simulator 1 month 3 weeks ago #20117

No I haven't tried the Mikko - I never heard of it till you pointed it out ;)

I'm happy with WOS and have a few cabs set up nicely (for me) - so not rushing to pay for something else ;)
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

MIKKO Cab Simulator 1 month 3 weeks ago #20118

One of my favorite IRs in W.O.S. is the Sig TR-65 which is a Two Rock cabinet. It works on just about everything.
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by elambo.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

MIKKO Cab Simulator 1 month 3 weeks ago #20119

The "official" Celestion ones are very good, also the "official" Mesa ones (I don't usually care too much for Mesa IRs, but I like these ones).
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds