TOPIC: What do you think?

What do you think? 3 years 2 months ago #19889

They also have one with 6 assignable midi switches

www.amazon.com/Professional-Mobile-Inter...erchant-items&sr=1-1
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by fatherjacques.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What do you think? 3 years 2 months ago #19890

I came across this a few weeks ago as I was thinking about getting a new midi foot controller. I do find these combo interface+controller interesting. Hard to argue with the price. The newer 6 button is also appealing, but the smaller one's 3 modes by click+hold make it quite flexible for only 3 switches.

There's another one I came across that is similar (MeloAudio Tone Shifter) although that had some criticisms about the midi programming limitations.

But because I only need a new midi controller I am probably best sticking with a dedicated controller - with the top choice being the Morningstar MC6 - but then this Xsonic is cheaper....
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitarno
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What do you think? 3 years 2 months ago #19891

Finally I will try it. I bought the new Pro version with 6 footswitches. Can't go wrong as I need a small footprint midi controller. The bonus will be the mobility.

I will use it with S Gear though. Not BIAS :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitarno
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by fatherjacques.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What do you think? 3 years 2 months ago #19892

Good choice! Definitely looking forward to hearing your review. As their newest model, it looked like the pro might have an improved A/D conversion as they listed a better dynamic range.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What do you think? 3 years 2 months ago #19893

It will be interesting to see the dynamic range of the unit. My main interface is an Apogee Element and I must say it is by far the best one I used to own. However I would not unplug everything just to carry the interface so the XTONE should do it properly. Unbeleivable what they can do now for such a low price. May be not low for some but for what you get.
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What do you think? 3 years 2 months ago #19939

I got the XTONE yesterday.

First impression out of the box. Well built and solid. The lay-out is very well done and all hardware componements seem of good quality. The switches are smooth.

I took 10 minutes to test it as an audio interface this afternoon.

At a buffer of 64 at 44.1kz latency (Round trip) was at 8.3 milliseconds.
Sounds very good and the phones output is very good.

This week-end I will test the midi controller functions.

I bought it more as a midi controller and told myself the audio interface would be a bonus. I think the audio interface is very good and the midi functions would be a bonus for many users. :-)
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What do you think? 3 years 2 months ago #19940

Thanks for the update. Also interested in whether you'll keep the Sunday Driver before the interface? I saw the Xtone has a 1M ohm input impedance so curious if you still hear improvements in clarity running the SD before it.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What do you think? 3 years 2 months ago #19942

My Sunday driver will stay there whatever interface I use. I use an Apogee Element 46 and I kept it.

With the XTone I get two things.

An Interface I can use when I travel with my Laptop and a small footprint midi controller to control some of S Gear parameters
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What do you think? 3 years 2 months ago #19943

I tested the midi functions. It works flawlessly.

Very easy to use with S Gear or S Gear within Logic X Pro.

I would have liked to have a kind of mode where we could save up to 6 snapshots of different effects or parameters.

The unit is really plug and play on a MAC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kierank
  • fatherjacques
  • Tone King
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

What do you think? 1 year 9 months ago #22227

Basically, there is:
- Converter idleness. Practically neglectible. Around 1 ms altogether for nice converters.
- USB idleness. Speed of light, neglectible. Will just become significant once bigger quantities of equal streams must be sent through what is a chronic exchange convention.
- Processing inertness. An entirety of various things, beginning with the information pieces that must be sent through USB, yet basically it's about the working frameworks driver convention utilized and the chipset of your sound gadget. IOS works superbly here yet it's no place near what you can get under OSX/Windows. The sound gadgets chipset and programming - well, just genuine experience and estimation will tell.

pcb assembly quote
  • TobeDowns
  • Tone Seeker
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by TobeDowns.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds