TOPIC: Overloud TH-U

Overloud TH-U 7 months 6 days ago #19487

Ok, just a little topic about it but here's my first thought after 2 days with it (running it for more than 20 hours!!!)

- Doesnt' sound as good as Scuffham S-Gear,
- Waves PRS Supermodels and Mercuriall amps are still way better too (but less good than S-Gear)
- Kemper-like profiles aren't impressive AT ALL, sound spongy, harsh and no push, no amp feel; nothing comparable with a Kemper... unfortunately)

I had great expectations with TH-U, with Steve from Boston (YouTube) loving TH-3, I was ok with his sound but felt like "yeah maybe the next version, with all the next gen amp plugins recently on the market that sound good... But it's still a plugin that doesn't make me want to play guitar.
I mean when I plug s-gear, I instantly get ideas and good inspiration. Not for TH-U

PLEASE DOWNLOAD IT AND TRY IT TOO.

But I guess you'll be ok with this first statement.

A little bit sad nobody can make something approaching what guys like Scuffham, Kemper or Chase (Fractal) can do. A little scary to imagine what's gonna be when those guys will leave business for retirement...
Mercuriall and Neural DSP are great new comers but still a lot of work IMAO.

what do you think guys?
Last edit: 7 months 6 days ago by Apotheker.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Overloud TH-U 7 months 6 days ago #19490

I echo all of your sentiments.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Overloud TH-U 7 months 6 days ago #19492

I have the TH-U “Rock” package and enjoy using the preset to play the Eagles’ “Life in the Fast Lane.” Sadly, that’s about all I use it for. S-Gear and HX Stomp for everything else. :rock out:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Overloud TH-U 7 months 5 days ago #19493

I downloaded the Mercuriall SS-11X Demo and found the overdrive to be fizzy when listening on headphones. The video demos on their site sounded great on my computer speakers so I'm not sure what to think.

Has anyone tried the demo?
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Overloud TH-U 7 months 5 days ago #19495

Yes it’s the same, unfortunately some studio speakers aren’t really done to reproduce amp cabs very well and with better frequencies ranges it becomes very fuzzy rapidly.
I made this mistake but trying à Kemper in a store with studio monitors. I found it fizzy, too much oomphs, mediums thin...

If you want a good starting point just use regular iPhone headphones or hifi speakers.
That’s the way we are used to listent to music after all.

Now I make ALL my mixes with Apple earplugs and nobody complain ;)
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Overloud TH-U 4 months 4 weeks ago #19777

Apotheker,
Ok, just a little topic about it but here's my first thought after 2 days with it (running it for more than 20 hours!!!) Doesnt' sound as good as Scuffham S-Gear, But it's still a plugin that doesn't make me want to play guitar.

I must admit, I have always found that comparing one amp sim/modeler with another is difficult - if not impossible. The differences in types of guitars, the components and more specifically, the player's ability - all affect just how the application itself will function.

I own both TH-U and S-Gear and often compare the two and interestingly - I discover just the exact opposite. This is not to say that one application is necessarily better than the other - just different. And the difference is enough for me to prefer TH-U over S-Gear.

In particular, have a look at the Meet the Randalls - LynchBox, Preset 6 Atmosphere, Preset 20 4th-dimension and Meet the Randalls - T2, and preset 16 Clean - Heaven Bell. I refer to these sounds as "big sounds" - of which I am unable to reproduce with S-Gear.

This is just my 2 bits worth!
  • mr-es335
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by mr-es335.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Overloud TH-U 1 month 2 weeks ago #20139

i not agree with your comment Apotheker,i really like the TH-U plugin,right now im using more the th-u plugin than the s-gear,i love both plugins but right now im having lot of fun with th-u.

this guy is making great presets with th-u
  • NightWalker
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds