TOPIC: Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz!

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 8 months 4 weeks ago #19256

On a whim I decided to look into fuzz plugins (again). In the past I did enjoy using the Distorque Face Bender, but it is Windows only, so no good now I'm using a Mac.

I never bonded with the Kuassa Fuzz plugin. To me it was too extreme and coloured my tone too much.
So I came across Audiority Plugins , which I hadn't heard mentioned here before. I am really loving their Blue Face plugin. It allows my Strat to shine through and really hits the spot. Maybe they've got a nice internal mix setting with the dry signal, but whatever it is I am strongly considering buying (currently 25% off). Would love some second opinions!
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 8 months 4 weeks ago #19257

if you tried and like it why not just grab the others?

to be honest im allfor have real pedals... in the end they dont cost as much as a amp head and sgear takes pedals for dayyyyys

i have audiority pedals they are cool... if you want them to be perfect or the best in the world i cant give you the answer , but if you want a cool sound .. yep they can sound good.
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 8 months 4 weeks ago #19259

Thanks Gabriel. I do have a handful of real pedals (no fuzz though) which are fun to use with S-Gear. But nothing beats the convenience of plugins.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 8 months 4 weeks ago #19260

I was going to suggest giving Ram a try but unfortunately Kazrog has stopped offering their excellent single plugins, like Centipede (Klon Centaur) and Ram (Big Muff), and, according to them, the only way they're available at this point if via the Thermionik suite. In addition to Ram, Centipede is a fantastic plugin when running before S-Gear.

I'm 100% in agreement about the ease of use of plugin effects, however, when it comes to tone, I always give the hardware pedals a go and in (nearly) each case they sound better and make it worth the added effort. So I put the pedal board before the DI and into S-Gear and tones are fantastic.

That said, I have almost no reservations about using software effects. There are a few threads here which mention laundry lists of favorites in each category, fuzz being one of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kierank, ryentzer
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 3 months 1 week ago #19898

I'm now trying out their new Boss HM-2 pedal plugin. I've never used a real one and not into metal tones, but I'm really liking its flexibility. And hey, David Gilmour used one!

It has 6 circuit types, and this is their first distortion plugin they added a "HQ" oversampling mode, which I can definitely hear the improvement. I emailed to ask if the different circuit types feature will be added to their other pedals, as I saw the Dev mention this ages ago on a KVR thread.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by kierank.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds