TOPIC: Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz!

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 1 year 2 months ago #19256

On a whim I decided to look into fuzz plugins (again). In the past I did enjoy using the Distorque Face Bender, but it is Windows only, so no good now I'm using a Mac.

I never bonded with the Kuassa Fuzz plugin. To me it was too extreme and coloured my tone too much.
So I came across Audiority Plugins , which I hadn't heard mentioned here before. I am really loving their Blue Face plugin. It allows my Strat to shine through and really hits the spot. Maybe they've got a nice internal mix setting with the dry signal, but whatever it is I am strongly considering buying (currently 25% off). Would love some second opinions!
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 1 year 2 months ago #19257

if you tried and like it why not just grab the others?

to be honest im allfor have real pedals... in the end they dont cost as much as a amp head and sgear takes pedals for dayyyyys

i have audiority pedals they are cool... if you want them to be perfect or the best in the world i cant give you the answer , but if you want a cool sound .. yep they can sound good.
  • gabrielscruff
  • Tone Master
Life is music
and music is life.... live the life... and feel the music...
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 1 year 2 months ago #19259

Thanks Gabriel. I do have a handful of real pedals (no fuzz though) which are fun to use with S-Gear. But nothing beats the convenience of plugins.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 1 year 2 months ago #19260

I was going to suggest giving Ram a try but unfortunately Kazrog has stopped offering their excellent single plugins, like Centipede (Klon Centaur) and Ram (Big Muff), and, according to them, the only way they're available at this point if via the Thermionik suite. In addition to Ram, Centipede is a fantastic plugin when running before S-Gear.

I'm 100% in agreement about the ease of use of plugin effects, however, when it comes to tone, I always give the hardware pedals a go and in (nearly) each case they sound better and make it worth the added effort. So I put the pedal board before the DI and into S-Gear and tones are fantastic.

That said, I have almost no reservations about using software effects. There are a few threads here which mention laundry lists of favorites in each category, fuzz being one of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kierank, ryentzer
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 8 months 2 weeks ago #19898

I'm now trying out their new Boss HM-2 pedal plugin. I've never used a real one and not into metal tones, but I'm really liking its flexibility. And hey, David Gilmour used one!

It has 6 circuit types, and this is their first distortion plugin they added a "HQ" oversampling mode, which I can definitely hear the improvement. I emailed to ask if the different circuit types feature will be added to their other pedals, as I saw the Dev mention this ages ago on a KVR thread.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by kierank.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20615

Audiority is slowly going through all their plugins to add improved oversampling ("HQ" mode) and also adding circuit variations to the distortion pedals. This has been done to the DS-1 plugin. The oversampling makes a very noticeable difference, and the new circuits make it a much more flexible and useful pedal.
I might be biased because the DS-1 was the first pedal I ever owned ;)

www.audiority.com/shop/distortion-1/

Our first circuit version follows the original schematic. This is the v1.0.x version of the pedal.
LC STOCK
A version following the measurements done to the hardware we have in our stock. Sounds fuller compared to the DEFAULT type.
CGS Mod
Based on CGS Guitar DS-1 mod. It reduces the internal gain, improving low end response and extending clipping to the lower frequencies. Diodes are changed to 2 x 1N4001 and LED, to get a more natural asymmetric clipping.
FAT Mod
Based on AMZ Fat mod, it reduces the gain of Q2 transistor gain stage, while improving the low end response.
JCM Mod
Based on Wampler’s JCM Mod, to get Marshall-type tones. Uses 2 x 1N4148 (in series) and 2 x 1N4001 diodes (in series). Low frequencies are tighter and excluded from clipping.
K-Mod
Based on the classic SEEING EYE mod for the DS-1. One of the diodes is replaced with a LED for asymmetric clipping.
Vintage Mod
This version of the circuit try to replicate the vintage MIJ-sounding DS-1. Diodes are 1S2473 and opamp is adapted to mimic MIJ specifics.
Bass Mod
This mod enables the DS-1 to work best with low frequency instruments. This excludes low frequencies from clipping, changes the Tone range. One of the diodes is replaced by a 1N4001 for asymmetric clipping.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 2 months 1 week ago #20649

Also, their tube preamp plugin is worth checking out (currently $5). A few simple settings that make an awesome pre-stage to the S-Gear amps.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 2 months 2 days ago #20669

Yes, I agree - nice pre-amp. And that pre-amp is, of course, modelled on the same one that David Gilmour puts in front of his Hiwatt power amps (he bypasses the preamp of the DR103). How accurate a simulation of the Alembic F-2B it is I don’t know but I find it very useful in a number of places in my current ‘chain’ of things (in front of the Spin rotary cabinet, for example). The Alembic is, in turn, based on a Fender pre-amp.

I have a 1971 DR103 with an added effects loop so one day I should probably put the Audiority X-7 in front of it and see what it sounds like. I’m not that fussed about re-creating Gilmour tone though so this might never happen. :)

I also use their Big Goat pedal - a Rams Head Big Muff simulation. I like that one a lot but I use that sound infrequently. I’m more into a Grid Slammer or a Rat sound at the moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kierank
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20709

They make great stuff!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kierank
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20711

qryss wrote:

Yes, I agree - nice pre-amp. And that pre-amp is, of course, modelled on the same one that David Gilmour puts in front of his Hiwatt power amps.

It appears as though the developer is a huge Gilmour fan! I had fun reading up on the Binson Echorec and watching some Pink Floyd clips. I'm using the preamp plugin a lot as more of a treble booster, instead of using a Tubescreamer plugin. It's just the perfect input stage to S-Gear.
  • kierank
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 1 month 3 weeks ago #20712

kierank wrote:

I'm using the preamp plugin a lot as more of a treble booster, instead of using a Tubescreamer plugin. It's just the perfect input stage to S-Gear.

Interesting. Thanks for the tip!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Audiority Plugins Anyone? Loving the Blue Face Fuzz! 1 month 1 week ago #20787

I'm a big fan of the Audiority too. If you like the Audiority pedal plugins don't miss their new freeware ampsim. It's a model of a solid state Marshall Lead 12 and IMO sounds really (really!) good for freeware.

www.audiority.com/shop/l12x-solid-state-amplifier/
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds