TOPIC: iLoud Micro Monitors

iLoud Micro Monitors 3 weeks 22 hours ago #19161

Hi everyone,

Is anybody using iLoud Micro Monitors?

How do they sound with S-Gear and how do they behave in mixing work?

I can't have big monitors because of space restrictions. Right now I'm using Tascam VL-S3. They sound very good considering the size and price but I'm feeling the need to upgrade them.

Thank you
Cheers
  • SergioAureo
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

iLoud Micro Monitors 2 weeks 5 days ago #19191

I have bought ILoud Micro to replace humble M-Audio BX5A to reduce the foot print further...
At the low/bedroom volume iLoud is more than adequate as I can hear better details. Also at the moderate volume they will not be far behind the 5" cone monitors soundwise. You will be surprised that they sound bigger than actually are.

So in a nutshell they are best suited for bedroom mixing for home guys like me or someone wanting to mix on the fly while travelling.

Personally I have had no problem with S-Gear and other modelers on iLoud. But one should not expect thumping brutal volume from the bigger boys. You cannot overlook the simple physics.

One thing I do not like is lack of 1/4" TRS input which they really should have included.

If the sole purpose is to reduce foot print from 5" monitors I don't think you will be disappointed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SergioAureo
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

iLoud Micro Monitors 2 weeks 4 days ago #19199

mingury wrote:

I have bought ILoud Micro to replace humble M-Audio BX5A to reduce the foot print further...
At the low/bedroom volume iLoud is more than adequate as I can hear better details. Also at the moderate volume they will not be far behind the 5" cone monitors soundwise. You will be surprised that they sound bigger than actually are.

So in a nutshell they are best suited for bedroom mixing for home guys like me or someone wanting to mix on the fly while travelling.

Personally I have had no problem with S-Gear and other modelers on iLoud. But one should not expect thumping brutal volume from the bigger boys. You cannot overlook the simple physics.

One thing I do not like is lack of 1/4" TRS input which they really should have included.

If the sole purpose is to reduce foot print from 5" monitors I don't think you will be disappointed.

Thanks a lot for your input. All the detail you wrote is really welcome.
From your description, I believe it is exactly what I'm looking for. The room where I play/record is far from adequate and I don't have space for big monitors... even 5'' will be big. Volume is also an issue so I think the iLouds fit perfectly what I'm looking for.
Not having 1/4'' TRS inputs is not a deal breaker for me, because my interface (Apogee ONE) has only 1/8'' out and I'm alrealdy using it with a 1/8'' to RCA cable to connect to my Tascam VL-S3.
  • SergioAureo
  • Tone Star
Last edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by SergioAureo.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

iLoud Micro Monitors 2 weeks 3 days ago #19203

SergioAureo wrote:

Have you seen the price of those? OUCH!!!! :ohmy:
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

iLoud Micro Monitors 2 weeks 3 days ago #19204

LtKojak wrote:

SergioAureo wrote:

Have you heard them LtKojak? Curious...
"There's nothing wrong with you that a good shuffle boogie won't cure"
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

iLoud Micro Monitors 2 weeks 2 days ago #19210

LtKojak wrote:

SergioAureo wrote:

They are not cheap, I know... but if they perform well I'm willing to spend a little bit on a good monitoring solution... Do you have any suggestions as an alternative to the iLouds?
Thanks
  • SergioAureo
  • Tone Star
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds