• Page:

TOPIC: Anything new for the holidays?

Anything new for the holidays? 7 months 1 week ago #25028

Just wondering if we might see a S-Gear holiday treat for the approaching season.
Take care all. :thumbs up:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 7 months 5 days ago #25038

LouDorn wrote:

Just wondering if we might see a S-Gear holiday treat for the approaching season.
This is the plan ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnm, livio.minera@gmail.com
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 7 months 5 days ago #25040

mike wrote:

LouDorn wrote:

This is the plan ;)
:feeling it: :rock out: :thumbs up: :gripped:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 7 months 11 hours ago #25047

Just recieved an email with really nice news... Merry ChristmWAHs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike
  • livio.minera@gmail.com
  • Tone Star
Last edit: 7 months 11 hours ago by livio.minera@gmail.com.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 7 months 10 hours ago #25048

Well I guess the email we received answers my original question very nicely. Thank you Mike
Speaking for myself I am amazed you don't have a small purchase price for the new pedals as they become available. I would feel better contributing towards all the time and work that goes into the pedal development but I am old school that way.
Thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving to all those that celebrate it. 🦃🦃
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike, livio.minera@gmail.com
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 7 months 10 hours ago #25049

Great news! Something to look forward to.

Looks like the long wait for 3.0 has paid off with a platform that makes it easier for you to add new features. Much appreciated,

Happy Thanksgiving!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 7 months 9 hours ago #25050

So here is the same information that has just been sent out via the newsletter...

S-Gear v3.2 will be available for download in December adding ‘WahThing’ to the S-Gear virtual pedal board. S-Gear v3.2 will be a FREE update for customers with a license for S-Gear v2.9 or later.

WahThing is modelled after a vintage wah pedal and can be operated using an expression pedal, or with dynamic/beat sync’d filter sweeps. Offset and range controls allow adjustment of the wah filter pedal response to achieve the familiar feel of a classic hardware wah pedal.

The WahThing is really a lot of fun to play with, you do need an expression pedal to get the full wah pedal experience. For those who don't have an expression pedal, the auto and modulation modes are also a lot of fun and offer some unique sounds to play with.

I don't have an exact release date as yet, but currently finishing up on builds, testing and documentation.

Cheers everyone and happy thanksgiving to those who are celebrating today.
Mike
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques, slawoo, Bill D, paulyboo, asintoras, rose703, kirkbowman, dastewart, Linz53
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 7 months 9 hours ago #25051

Fantastic timing, my expression pedal arrived yesterday.
  • rose703
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 7 months 5 hours ago #25052

Oooohh, yes. I've never found a (software) wah wah that was any good so I'm excited about this.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 6 months 4 weeks ago #25053

Thanks so much for the upcoming update and wah pedal addition, Mike! P.S., I won't hold you responsible for all the covers of "The Theme From Shaft" this will generate! lol
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 6 months 4 weeks ago #25054

Hello,

Just wondering if I will be able to use the expression pedal on my Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller?
I suppose I run the midi cables in / out from the controller to my KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 interface.
Will have to read up on it.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 6 months 4 weeks ago #25056

By coincident I have built an expression pedal MIDI adaptor last weekend. I have used it with different wah effects (BIAS FX and some free VST) chained into S-Gear in my DAW and while I am quite pleased with the result, it is most welcome to have a wah built into S-Gear.

The ingredients:
* An analog expression pedal. Any potentiometer based pedal should do (pretty much any pedal I guess).
* Arcade joystick USB controller (a few dollars on eBay or Ali).
* Wires, box, jack socket, foot switches or buttons, soldering gear.
* Joystick to MIDI driver (freeware).

These (dirt cheap) arcade joystick controllers have very short latency and are just plug and play in Windows, to they are easier to work with than say an Arduino project.
They are usually made for digital arcade joysticks, but can be easily modified to read an analog input.

It is obviously easier to just go out and buy a MIDI foot board, but it can be good fun to make your own.

If anyone are interested in turning an old expression pedal (I had an +30 year old Roland EV-5 lying around) into a digital expression pedal and are not afraid of a little soldering and simple PCB modifications, I can make a detailed recipe. It is also trivial to add a bunch of foot switches to the box.

EDIT:
I made an instructable for this hack:
www.instructables.com/USB-MIDI-Expression-Pedal/
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnm, livio.minera@gmail.com, Hans_g
Last edit: 6 months 4 weeks ago by soho. Reason: Link to instructions
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 6 months 4 weeks ago #25057

soho wrote:

If anyone are interested in turning an old expression pedal (I had an +30 year old Roland EV-5 lying around) into a digital expression pedal and are not afraid of a little soldering and simple PCB modifications, I can make a detailed recipe. It is also trivial to add a bunch of foot switches to the box.
Sure, I'd like to have your recipe!

Sounds like a great project - the S-Gear Custom WahThing Controller.

Thanks in advance for doing this!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 6 months 4 weeks ago #25059

The following user(s) said Thank You: johnm
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 6 months 4 weeks ago #25060

soho wrote:

Thanks so much!:thumbs up:
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 6 months 4 weeks ago #25061

I wonder why the info about the Wah-Thing has been pulled from the news section.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 6 months 4 weeks ago #25062

haeckse wrote:

I wonder why the info about the Wah-Thing has been pulled from the news section.

Info was sent out in a newsletter last week. We've not posted about WahThing on the website yet, only here on this thread.
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 6 months 3 weeks ago #25063

For those interested to a cheaper (than commercial alternatives) plug&play solution I suggest this
  • livio.minera@gmail.com
  • Tone Star
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by livio.minera@gmail.com.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 6 months 3 weeks ago #25070

This is fantastic news!
@Mike: how do I connect my volume pedal to work? I can use a stereo split to 2 mono jacks to make it work as an expression pedal, but am not sure how the connections should be?
In other words, the guitar goes to input 1 of my interface (as normal), and the expression pedal goes where (Input 2 of the interface)?

If you can provide us with a guidance on how to use it, that will be fantastic!
Can't wait to try it out...
  • asintoras
  • Tone Master
My bandcamp: doctor7.bandcamp.com
I am an artist endorsed by Kinman pickups.
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UC-V2JZb58J3wykS1MoRdHUg/
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Anything new for the holidays? 6 months 3 weeks ago #25073

asintoras wrote:

@Mike: how do I connect my volume pedal to work?

Probably you need a Midi expression pedal. I have a very old Roland EV-5, which plugs into the expression pedal jack on my Midi Foot Controller. There are other options out there too, Lehle recently launched very nice USB volume and expression pedals, there are cheaper pedals to be found too.

If you don't have a suitable pedal, you will still be able to get some interesting sounds from the WahThing, using Auto and Wave modes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asintoras
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds