TOPIC: S-GEAR and MAC OSX 10.15 Catalina (UPDATED)

S-GEAR and MAC OSX 10.15 Catalina (UPDATED) 2 weeks 3 days ago #20266

Apple's next OSX update 10.15 is due for release this Autumn and currently in Beta.

S-GEAR v2.71 has been released to address a crash on start-up under OSX10.15.
S-GEAR v2.70 is NOT compatible with Catalina.

Please take note before installing the Apple public Beta or the final release when it becomes available:

S-GEAR v2.7 does not officially support OSX10.15 at this time.

Mike

(updated 13th Sept 2019)
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatherjacques, orda3000, ges, ross, Wellreel
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 6 days 11 hours ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-GEAR and MAC OSX 10.15 Catalina 1 week 1 day ago #20304

Good call Mike, I was just about to try the Catalina Beta not more than a few minutes ago! I use S-Gear a lot and would hate to lose it because of an Apple upgrade! Sometimes software developers have a hard time keeping up with the times, however people like myself can't afford to lose time when studio time is expensive. Many of my clients like using S-Gear as an alternative to stomp peddles and other types of foot processors, so your news is good! Thanks Mike for your post! rocknrider
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike
  • rocknrider
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-GEAR and MAC OSX 10.15 Catalina 6 days 11 hours ago #20321

rocknrider wrote:

Good call Mike, I was just about to try the Catalina Beta not more than a few minutes ago! I use S-Gear a lot and would hate to lose it because of an Apple upgrade! Sometimes software developers have a hard time keeping up with the times, however people like myself can't afford to lose time when studio time is expensive.

Absolutely. It is very difficult to provide early assurances about new OS releases, especially with plug-ins that are also dependent on the host DAW software being compatible too. Best to wait a few months then check with your key software developers before upgrading.

The v2.71 release addresses an obvious crash on start-up under Catalina. Hopefully this will provide a solution for anyone who must update.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexanderpopov
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 6 days 11 hours ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-GEAR and MAC OSX 10.15 Catalina (UPDATED) 6 days 7 hours ago #20323

I'm getting a lot of manufacturers notices from various plug-ins I own saying don't update to macOS 10.15 Catalina at this time. Changes were made to Core Audio, etc. So best to hold off for awhile....
I've been using Helix Native for years. Then I tried S-Gear. I like S-Gear better!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

S-GEAR and MAC OSX 10.15 Catalina (UPDATED) 3 days 7 hours ago #20334

Thanks Mike - This 2.71 release seems to be working well on 10.15!

I've been using 10.15 to mess around with SwiftUI etc and have just been using Garageband amps for a couple of months so this update is vastly appreciated!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds