TOPIC: Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany

Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany 1 year 2 weeks ago #18735

Scuffham Amps will attend Guitar Summit 2018 at Mannheim in Germany between September 7th-9th.
See www.guitarsummit.de for show details.
Booth #242 on the second level.

Last year’s show was a lot of fun, this year’s show will be bigger with more exhibitors. Once again we are looking forward to spending three great days with the guitar community in Germany. If you are able to visit the show, please stop by booth 242 and say hello.

This year on the stand we'll be showing the S-GEAR v2.9 development version and I will be on hand all three days to discuss guitar needs and wishes, Scuffham Amps development status and ideas for the future.

We'll also have a pair of Beyer Dynamic DT770 PRO headphones up for grabs so stop by and enter your name to win. We'll announce the winner on Sunday afternoon.

For anyone who doesn't already have an S-GEAR license, we'll be offering a special EURO discount deal at the show.

Cheers,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: theminion, swaite, DC42
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany 1 year 2 weeks ago #18741

Are you looking for beta testers? 😀
Windows 10
UAD Arrow
16gb RAM
I5 8600k
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany 1 year 2 weeks ago #18750

Break a leg and enjoy it!!
Hopefully, it will not be as loud as NAMM...
  • asintoras
  • Tone Master
My instrumental EP: doctor7.bandcamp.com/album/political-rollercoaster
My other EP with songs: doctor7.bandcamp.com/album/three-ways-of-telling-a-story
I am an artist endorsed by Kinman pickups.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany 1 year 2 weeks ago #18751

Wishing you great success!!
  • ryentzer
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany 1 year 1 week ago #18761

Hi Mike,
was a pleasure meeting you in Mannheim. Looking forward for 2.9 and for the upcoming 3.0.

Heiko
  • Therocker
  • Tone Seeker
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany 1 year 1 week ago #18763

"Looking forward for 2.9 and for the upcoming 3.0."

Oh man....good times indeed!
"There's nothing wrong with you that a good shuffle boogie won't cure"
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany 1 year 1 week ago #18767

Guitar Summit 2018 is over. Thanks to everyone who visited our stand during the three days. It was fun!

We held a prize draw to win a pair of Beyer Dynamic DT770 headphones and I'm happy to announce that the winner was Rinus from the Netherlands. Congratulations!

The show was really very interesting this year, a lot of diversity across the workshops, events and exhibitors. The organizers created separate loud zone for cranking amps, which also made for a good (less noisy) environment on the main show floors.

Visitors to our stand got to play with the latest development build of S-GEAR v2.9 and we had some useful discussions with S-GEAR users. As per last year the stand was manned by Shuroma, Phil Marsdale and myself.

We're now back in the office and it's heads-down to get the next release of S-GEAR finished and ready - on which topic I hope to share more news soon.

Here's a link to the Gitarre & Bass Day three report - we're in there somewhere!
www.gitarrebass.de/stories/guitar-summit-2018-tag-3/

Cheers,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: NightWalker, erik, susbemol, theminion, yurodivi, swaite, Dallon426
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany 1 year 1 week ago #18770

Ahh haha. I was zooming in on the picture to try and peep. Lol
  • Dallon426
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany 1 year 1 day ago #18808

During Guitar Summit I spoke with Henry Kresse from online magazine delamar.FM. Here is the podcast:
delamar.fm/interviews-peter-bursch-scuffham-relish-dg151/

Cheers,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: erik, ryentzer, theminion, swaite
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany 1 year 1 day ago #18809

Thank you for sharing Mike!
This interview actually brought up a question that's been bothering me for a while.
When most software amp companies say they went through particular amps and "measured all the components" what do they actually mean by that? How is that different than what you are doing? I mean at the end of the day (whatever that "measuring" means), those companies are also creating a software version of a circuit? What are they missing?
Also, I'm wondering what happened if Mike created a digital circuit to be exactly like "the real deal", using his methods?...
  • tanarur
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany 1 year 1 day ago #18812

Well, he could indeed replicate a specific amp as close as he can, but there is not much merit in that, both from a design perspective, and probably from a selling point of view as well (there are plenty of offers in the market for specific amps). And to try or claim to replicate a specific amp somehow limits its possibilities, as people will try to use it the way they have listened on records.

At the end of the day, real tube amps can vary so much because of its individual components -which change just by regular maintenance- and their age (caps, tubes, speakers, etc.), so whats the point?

Same for guitars... I am happy to be in the ballpark of classic amps/guitars. Big part of the tone is in the hands anyway ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mohi
  • asintoras
  • Tone Master
My instrumental EP: doctor7.bandcamp.com/album/political-rollercoaster
My other EP with songs: doctor7.bandcamp.com/album/three-ways-of-telling-a-story
I am an artist endorsed by Kinman pickups.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany 1 week 13 hours ago #20317

I happen to be by the area that weekend, I may attend. Checked the program and exhibitors list and there is a lot of stuff worth to see!

oops, edit, this is for 2018, wrong year :)
Last edit: 1 week 13 hours ago by mohi.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Guitar Summit 2018 - Germany 1 week 11 hours ago #20318

mohi wrote:

I happen to be by the area that weekend, I may attend. Checked the program and exhibitors list and there is a lot of stuff worth to see!

oops, edit, this is for 2018, wrong year :)

Well, hope to see you that weekend Mohi :)

Better start a new thread!

I'll be there all three days. Also Brad Craig (who wrote many of the Custom '57 demos) will be with me on the stand.

-Mike
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 1 week 11 hours ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds