TOPIC: Website Update (20th July 2018)

Website Update (20th July 2018) 1 year 1 month ago #18572

Hi folks,

Today we applied some important updates to the website bringing our security and website technologies up to date, along with some minor improvements. Apologies for the downtime today and limited functionality over the last two days.

In order to be compliant with new privacy laws we have introduced a cookie notice. Our goal is to remove all unnecessary cookies from the website, without undermining the overall experience. Please do read our updated Privacy Policy . All you-tube embeds are now cookie-less, unfortunately we do not have the same control over the embedded SoundCloud players.

Please let me know if you experience any problems using the forum or any part of the website. It is a good ideal to click ctrl-refresh on your browser to ensure that all the latest files are loaded. There are a few issues still to sort out!

Cheers,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: elambo, yurodivi, swaite
  • mike
  • Administrator
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Website Update (20th July 2018) 1 year 1 month ago #18573

:unsure: :unsure: What a tease you are Mike Scuffham!
  • clintmartin
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by clintmartin.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Website Update (20th July 2018) 1 year 1 month ago #18574

I was thinking the same thing. ;)
  • ryentzer
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Website Update (20th July 2018) 1 year 1 month ago #18575

clintmartin wrote:

What a tease you are Mike Scuffham!

I am much to busy to even contemplate teasing, and anyway it wouldn't be my style.

This thread is about the website update so let's keep it on topic. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: clintmartin
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Website Update (20th July 2018) 1 year 1 month ago #18576

I still wish we could get email notifications for replies to subscribed forum threads. ;)
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Website Update (20th July 2018) 1 year 1 month ago #18577

jbraner wrote:

I still wish we could get email notifications for replies to subscribed forum threads.

It is possible to enable this feature. Previously I had disabled notifications because of spam posts, however if the forum spam is now effectively blocked then we could try again with notifications.

Cheers,
Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkylineUK, yurodivi
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Website Update (20th July 2018) 1 year 1 month ago #18578

clintmartin wrote:

What a tease you are Mike Scuffham!
mike wrote:

I am much to busy to even contemplate teasing, and anyway it wouldn't be my style
Mike, I guess you didn't hear the irony making a swooshing sound going over your head while responding to Clint? I think a wide smile is difficult to avoid. We all love you to death!;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mike
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by LtKojak.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Website Update (20th July 2018) 1 year 1 month ago #18579

mike wrote:

jbraner wrote:

I still wish we could get email notifications for replies to subscribed forum threads.

It is possible to enable this feature. Previously I had disabled notifications because of spam posts, however if the forum spam is now effectively blocked then we could try again with notifications.

Cheers,
Mike

We're not really going to get spammed, just notifications for threads we're subscribed to. Plus, we can always turn a subscription off.
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Website Update (20th July 2018) 1 year 1 month ago #18580

jbraner wrote:

We're not really going to get spammed, just notifications for threads we're subscribed to. Plus, we can always turn a subscription off.

In the past, elambo and myself have had to delete spam posts on a daily basis - and I remove spam accounts from the website on a regular basis. The newer version of Google recaptcha should help prevent most spam robots from signing up, but there is still the case where spammers sign-up manually. Let's see how it goes with this newest version of the website and perhaps we can try again with notifications.

Cheers,
Mike
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Website Update (20th July 2018) 1 year 1 month ago #18581

Thanks for pushing this through, Mike!
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Website Update (20th July 2018) 1 year 1 month ago #18585

mike wrote:

jbraner wrote:

In the past, elambo and myself have had to delete spam posts on a daily basis - and I remove spam accounts from the website on a regular basis. The newer version of Google recaptcha should help prevent most spam robots from signing up, but there is still the case where spammers sign-up manually. Let's see how it goes with this newest version of the website and perhaps we can try again with notifications.

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike,
But no one is subscribed to the SPAM posts are they? All I'm saying is - these SPAM accounts and posts etc shouldn't really affect email notificataions - or am I missing something.

Besides this - users can always turn off email notifications if they don't want to receive them.

This is the only forum that I'm involved with that doesn't have email notifications for subscribed threads. (except the SONAR forums which have been broken for a long time now...)
  • jbraner
  • Tone Master
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by jbraner.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds