TOPIC: AAX for mono tracks?

AAX for mono tracks? 6 years 7 months ago #4121

I was excited to see the beta AAX for Protools 10 but S-Gear doesn't show up in my plugin lists for mono audio tracks, only the stereo tracks. This seems to work except that it then only gives me one side of the stereo track. Any solution? Just bought S-Gear and absolutely love the sound.

A. W. Bullington
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Re: AAX for mono tracks? 6 years 7 months ago #4122

Mono plugin mode will be implemented before the final AAX release.

When using the stereo mode on a stereo track, you can have your guitar signal on either the left or right input channel (or both), then internally S-Gear will convert mono->stereo depending on how you configure your preset.

Enable L and R input channels using the selectors under the input trim knob:

If only one channel is selected, then S-Gear performs mono->stereo conversion through the rack devices.

Cheers,
Mike.
Attachments:
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Re: AAX for mono tracks? 6 years 7 months ago #4182

The new mono AAX plug works great! Thanks Mike.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Re: AAX for mono tracks? 6 years 7 months ago #4183

w1awb wrote:

The new mono AAX plug works great! Thanks Mike.
Good to hear :thumbs up:

As you probably worked out, the mono-mono mode will simply mono together the existing stereo output of the rack. Most of the S-Gear factory presets are stereo; some work better than others when mono'd.

In the mono modes, the input selectors are not required and we only display a mono signal level meter. I kept the output meters as stereo since even in mono-mono the rack is still processing a stereo chain. A true-mono rack would be quite a lot of additional work when actually you still have the ability to configure each rack device in mono anyway. You will probably want to create some of your own 'true-mono' presets for best results.

Cheers,
Mike.
Attachments:
  • mike
  • Administrator
SIGN-IN TO REPLY

Re: AAX for mono tracks? 6 years 7 months ago #4186

Right. I think I've gotten used to editing audio in mono in Protools (the strong point of PT, in my opinion) I can always duplicate the track and drag into a stereo track after editing. I must say, I really like the dual cabinet stereo feature in S-Gear. Sounds huge with different IRs. Thanks again!

A. W. Bullington
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by w1awb.
SIGN-IN TO REPLY
Time to create page: 0.325 seconds